Archived Question about my schedule for next week, any info would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow TM's,

Next week will be my third week at Target. I applied for general merchandise expert, and they've had me training in different areas for my first couple of weeks. This is my schedule for next week. I just wanted to ask if this is still considered a training schedule? It appears that they have me working in different departments, but I don't know if this is normal or if this is still considered training. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
You need to edit your store number completely out and repost or better yet, just type the schedule, no screenshot.

Not to be argumentative, and I appreciate you looking out, but why does it matter? It's hard for me to imagine what benefit such information would be to anyone.

Hello fellow TM's,

Next week will be my third week at Target. I applied for general merchandise expert, and they've had me training in different areas for my first couple of weeks. This is my schedule for next week. I just wanted to ask if this is still considered a training schedule? It appears that they have me working in different departments, but I don't know if this is normal or if this is still considered training. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Likely week 3 is not training but you’re technically still learning your first 90 days. They probably just want to give you hours so they split you up. I assume you were hired for BTS seasonal and hours won’t start flowing in for a couple weeks but we started on boarding TMs a few weeks ago.

Wow, we were told that under modernization we couldn't be scheduled for or accept/trade any shifts that weren't under our same ETL. So a GE Expert could do Fulfillment or Consumables, but not frontend.

Guess that's either not a real rule, isn't enforced, or maybe since OP is new they're allowing the frontend shifts as kind of a training for when they get called for backup.

Wow, we were told that under modernization we couldn't be scheduled for or accept/trade any shifts that weren't under our same ETL. So a GE Expert could do Fulfillment or Consumables, but not frontend.

Guess that's either not a real rule, isn't enforced, or maybe since OP is new they're allowing the frontend shifts as kind of a training for when they get called for backup.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does ETL mean? Sorry, I'm still learning Target lingo. What about my schedule appears peculiar? Is it the end of the week where they have me doing check out? Thank you very much for your feedback.

Also, I think that you are probably right when you say that it is just because I am new and they're training me. Next week will be my third week, and I've been all over the place these first two weeks. They've had me doing just about everything.

You’re a GME for two shifts, consumables for one, and cashier for the last two. Probably still sorta training you in some different places until BTS starts up.

You are still training, eventually you will stay in one of the following 3:

1. EXPERT - you work general merchandise on the salesfloor.
Under this role you will be doing lots of different things:
Primarily helping guests, but when you are not, you will need to:
Answer phone calls on the zebra, backup cashier, assist fulfillment in locating items, push
merchandise onto the shelves, discard trash, clean, zone, audit, pull, backstock,
hang price change labels, Ticket clearance, work revisions, set sales planners, hang signs,
replace missing label holders and price labels, pick up spills,
take breaks and meals within compliance laws.
Possibly speak to vendors if TL is not available.
Know your area: sales #’s, comps, what is on special, what is selling well, what is new, what is
going salvage soon, what will be setting/coming in soon.
Also: although we are not ready for this yet, I read fulfill guest orders somewhere.
This may eventually be bringing store pickup & drive up orders to guest service so that
fulfillment tm’s only work the ship from store orders.
2. CONSULTANT - same as above but these tm work in the style/beauty/electronics depts.
3. ADVOCATE - cashier/guest service/cart attendant/food service

You are still training, eventually you will stay in one of the following 3:

1. EXPERT - you work general merchandise on the salesfloor.
Under this role you will be doing lots of different things:
Primarily helping guests, but when you are not, you will need to:
Answer phone calls on the zebra, backup cashier, assist fulfillment in locating items, push
merchandise onto the shelves, discard trash, clean, zone, audit, pull, backstock,
hang price change labels, Ticket clearance, work revisions, set sales planners, hang signs,
replace missing label holders and price labels, pick up spills,
take breaks and meals within compliance laws.
Possibly speak to vendors if TL is not available.
Know your area: sales #’s, comps, what is on special, what is selling well, what is new, what is
going salvage soon, what will be setting/coming in soon.
Also: although we are not ready for this yet, I read fulfill guest orders somewhere.
This may eventually be bringing store pickup & drive up orders to guest service so that
fulfillment tm’s only work the ship from store orders.
2. CONSULTANT - same as above but these tm work in the style/beauty/electronics depts.
3. ADVOCATE - cashier/guest service/cart attendant/food service

Perfect, thank you for the explanation!

Please forgive my ignorance, but what does ETL mean? Sorry, I'm still learning Target lingo. What about my schedule appears peculiar? Is it the end of the week where they have me doing check out? Thank you very much for your feedback.

Executive Team Lead.. Basically, Targetspeak for Assistant Manager. Your store size would dictate how many of these you have and exactly what areas they cover, but I believe most stores have an ETL-General Merchandise/Food who would be over pretty much everything except Front End, Softlines, and Beauty/Electronics. Basically anyone who is an "Expert" and not a "Consultant" or "Advocate" would report to them (indirectly via their immediate Team Lead, unless their TL isn't in the building).

I forget what the other ETL positions are called under modernization. I'm pretty sure ETL-Human Resources stayed the same. Maybe ETL-Guest Experience (frontend) did as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back