Archived Question about References

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked before, I did a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for. Hyper preschooler wont let me focus to search in depth.

I've (hopefully) found a new job.. actually I'd be going back to a former employer. They emailed me the paperwork I need to fill out but one of the forms is a specific reference from current/last employer asking for who to contact etc. It has places to fill out regarding my attendance, job performance, attitude etc etc.

Am I correct in thinking that the individual store doesn't give a reference and that the prospective employer has to call a specific number? Also what information do they give? Just start/end dates and if eligible for rehire? I've never had any issues at spot other than attendance when I first started because my daughter had just started daycare for the first time and was sick literally every other week. And the informal? meeting I had with my ETL and HR when I vented to the wrong person about being screwed for hours. Apparently it's bad for team morale.

I'm not especially worried about what they'll say my performance. I just don't want spot knowing I'm leaving until I'm ready to give notice for fear of my hours being cut even worse while I'm still there. I still need to make somewhat of a living.

Ok that's what I thought. I'll let the new employer know. Then I wont have to worry about her calling. Thanks.

Good luck to you!

But yes, Rarejem is correct. My hr etl and a senior tl volunteered to let me use them as a reference, but gave me personal numbers as they cannot speak directly for the company. You're totally okay to tell the employer it is not okay to contact your current employer.

Correct stores cannot give references. Just note that Target was your last employer, but add the notation that references must go through the Verification number.

I was able to get one of my old GSTLs vouch for me for my current job because she was no longer my GSTL and working at a different store.

I might ask one or two of the GSTL/GSAs if they'll give me a personal reference if need be. It would be the two that have tried to help me get hours and haven't been happy about how things have gone for me. But I'm sure it wont be necessary. Oh I can't wait be be a guest again haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back