Archived Question about ringing up ESPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna start working electronics at my store and my trainer told me that selling ESPs is very important. I understand why since they make a lot of profit. Anyway, my question is simple: how do I ring one up? I know I have to scan the appropriate price range. When it asks to scan the serial number, do I scan the product or the barcode on the bottom of the esp itself? For the gaming plan, do all 5 games have to be purchased the day of the console purchase or can they come in later and buy a few more games and still be covered? Thanks for the help!

When you ring up an S/RP, you scan the price range, and then you scan the TAR number. Sometimes when the TAR number doesn't scan because of the barcode being messed up, you have to manually enter it in.

For the gaming plan, you use the price range of the console itself, not the total of the price of the console plus games. If the guest isn't buying any games, or if they are only buying say two of the three games, they can just register any games they have purchased at Target in the future with that plan.

If a guest is buying multiple ESP-eligible items (say, a TV and a GPS) in the same transaction but they only get one ESP, how do you apply that ESP to a specific item?

If a guest is buying multiple ESP-eligible items (say, a TV and a GPS) in the same transaction but they only get one ESP, how do you apply that ESP to a specific item?

At the electronics registers we get prompted for service plan eligible items then we press k1 to add the plan. I'm not sure exactly how this works at the front lanes since they usually don't prompt for them. I will find out the exact answer tonight.

Electronics TM here. When they're buying multiple things you'd just scan it like you normally do. Let's say they have an iPod Nano (145) and a FitBit (99) those are two different price ranges. If they want the service plan on the Nano you'd scan that price range and the TAR number. The guest can enter in which one it's for on the website with it, it just wouldn't work with the FitBit since it's the different price range. Just like if you did the 7 dollar range for the FitBit it wouldn't be usable for the Nano.
So all you have to do is scan the right price range and explain to them they can register it on the website in the ESP packet which can tie the items together and makes it easier to make a claim if they lose the paperwork.

Thank you both! I had forgotten about the prompt on the electronics registers, and we rarely sell ESPs at the checklanes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back