Archived Question about Stepping Down/Pay Cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJG

Hello Guys,

I'm new to this forum so sorry if I'm re posting this question. I tried searching answer through existing threads but no luck....

So the question is that I've been approved to step down from my team lead position due to ADA law, I would like to know that how much pay cut do you think I will get hit with? For instant lets say a team lead is making 20 dollars an hour which includes overnight shift differential, been working at same store for 10 years... how much pay cut should be expected? My store manager is trying every option to get rid of me but her hands are tied due to ADA law.. Should I request them to transfer me to different store or stay in same store? because I have a feeling that if I stay in same store they might harass me by cutting my hours and put all of their focus on tracking every move I make to find something and fire me. I never had any issues until one of the ETL who use to work under me 6 years ago came back to our store as ETL Logistics and he has personal problems with me and due to that he is being very unrealistic in assigning workload to get me in trouble. He gives me 30 hours worth of team members and assign the workload which takes 45 hours according to adjacency calendar. Any advise!

Wait...they're making you step down because of ADA? Unless you can't perform the job with reasonable accommodation (i.e. it's not going to cost them an unreasonable amount to accommodate you) they can't deny you the job because of a disability. I would look into contacting the EEOC or labor board in your state to be honest.

You are making sure to have all the paper work on this right?
If this is ADA, you want to make sure that they can't screw you.
The law will protect you but only if you cover yourself.
If you made an agreement get it in writing, make sure it meets the needs set out by your doctor and make sure all of that is sent to the main office.

I volunteer to step down myself due to the stress and harassment from my ETL, HR told me that I cannot step down and I told her about my condition and she gave me some forms asked me to get it filled out by your psychiatrist. But I'm on final warning and now they cant do anything otherwise I will contact EEOC, I'm just debating about if I should stay in current store or transfer. Pay cut they might try to screw me up on that and it kind of worries me because I wont be able to pay my school loan. Any idea how much paycut team leads get when they step down?

Last edited:
It really depends on what workcenter you demote to, more likely than not pay cut will be $2-3/hour plus differential and then the lower hours from not being a TL and of course TM get 1 week less vacation per year than TL.

It really depends on what workcenter you demote to, more likely than not pay cut will be $2-3/hour plus differential and then the lower hours from not being a TL and of course TM get 1 week less vacation per year than TL.

Thanks! I really appreciate everyones help. I'm going to stay overnight and transfer to a different store if they cant find a position for me.

I was always told the max was $3. They didnt take anything from me when i stepped down though so who knows. I expected to lose $3 when I stepped down but never did.

Your HR team or TMSC can fill you in on how much your pay decrease is going to be (they SHOULD have already told you, but since they didn't) It's likely to be a somewhat significant decrease, 1-3$/hr probably depending on what position to downgrade to. Target is REQUIRED to make accommodations to ANY disability you have according to the ADA, can I ask why you are letting them demote you because of it? If you are being harassed or mistreated either go to the ETL HR, ERDR, DTL, or Employee Relations Integrity Hotline. For transferring, I recommend you reach out to the HR's at the stores you might be interested in transferring to so they can EASE the transition by talking to your current HR and making it happen.

There are several differences between TL and TM, first of all No Tuition Reimbursement, you will lose One Week Vacation, and One Day of Personal Time. Also, your average hours instead of 19.5 to get ALL benefits as TL, you will get PT bens or FT bens depending on avg hrs being either 31.5 or 19.5. TMSC and TBC can "translate" for you all the differences regarding pay, health insurance, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back