Archived Question about TM Identification number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Today, I just had my first day of job at target as a cashier. However, I could not log into the register using my TM ID number.
Whenever I entered my 8-digit ID, it said "I'm not registered".

I don't think there is anything wrong with my ID since I could use my ID number to log into my target workday website or do clock-in & clock-outs without any problem.

Is this normal? or should I ask team leader of sales floor on my next shift? I had noone to ask today cuz most of the employees left when my shift ended...

Hello everyone,

Today, I just had my first day of job at target as a cashier. However, I could not log into the register using my TM ID number.
Whenever I entered my 8-digit ID, it said "I'm not registered".

I don't think there is anything wrong with my ID since I could use my ID number to log into my target workday website or do clock-in & clock-outs without any problem.

Is this normal? or should I ask team leader of sales floor on my next shift? I had noone to ask today cuz most of the employees left when my shift ended...
A team lead just needs to add you into the register.

What did you do all day then if you're a cashier? Did you not have a trainer?

A team lead just needs to add you into the register.

What did you do all day then if you're a cashier? Did you not have a trainer?

One of my coworker let me use her ID number to log into the register. I was shadowing her for like half an hour then did the cashier job for the rest of my shift.

Was wondering what should I do to register myself, I guess I'll go ask my TL next time.

It takes overnight for team member numbers to work on all systems. This is normal, and you can get set up with your numbers on your next shift.

If you were just hired it usually takes a few shifts to get your numbers working, so don't panic. Just get with HR, and your ETL or TL that your numbers are not working. HR so you can get paid properly, ETL/TL so you can function as an employee. HR will also confirm that your paperwork is working its way through the system. It's ok.

Just keep notes on times you come and go and lunches and you will be fine. It's normal.

One of my coworker let me use her ID number to log into the register. I was shadowing her for like half an hour then did the cashier job for the rest of my shift.
Were you actually checking guests out and handling money or just doing the training thing with fake transactions? That's like super not good of the coworker to do that.

Were you actually checking guests out and handling money or just doing the training thing with fake transactions? That's like super not good of the coworker to do that.

it's standard practice for new cashiers to ring sales on their first shift or two using someone else's numbers since you can't authorize them as a cashier on their first day. there's no issue if they've completed the cashier training/learning plan

Oh dang thanks for the 411. I'm obviously behind on the times 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back