Archived Question on performancing out a long term team member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
Currently working on performancing out a veteran cashier as they’re absolutely terrible (can’t get into too much details) and they really just no longer bring anything valuable to the front end.

They’re whiny, complain a lot, and have even yelled at me. Could I get them for insubordination?

They’re currently on a CCA (which I placed them on about a month ago with complete support from HR) and I am working on escalating it to a final. How long do I have to wait before doing this?

Their hours were also cut to 4 per week until they complained to my GE (both are buddy buddy).

Any tips on ways to effectively performance manage someone out?

Thanks!

…and have even yelled at me.
Did they use profanity? Was their voice raised, and was it in a threatening manner? Was it in view/earshot of guests? If so, that’s a conduct CA and can be an instant final.

One of my ETL-log
Wanted a long term flow tm gone because they were butting heads alot because the ETL was an idoit. Hes solution was giving this tm all the most physical tasks all day scheduling them 6 days and giving them a huge amount of tasks that were impossible to do alone and yelled at them when they couldn't do it and eventually this tm had a breakdown and left the company. Of course this back fired because half of flow/backroom also left when they found out this guy left

I forgot that you said that they are on a CCA already for it... see if HR will let you put them on a final if it happens again

Next time they yell at me I am placing them on a secondary CCA... you don’t yell at your leader for asking you politely and nicely to gather reshop or push bullseye/zone. Simple direction.

lol what kind of crazy cashier gets salty when asked to do tasks OTHER THAN CASHIER? hell i would be begging to go push bullseye's playground or collect reshop

lol what kind of crazy cashier gets salty when asked to do tasks OTHER THAN CASHIER? hell i would be begging to go push bullseye's playground or collect reshop
Exactly! The rest of my cashiers love it! Anything to keep them busy for a bit and give them “a break” from being at their lane/sco. I even do it side by side with them sometimes to show them I am there for them as well! I also divide it equally to make sure everyone is getting their turn.. this petty cashier claims I make them do it all the time and they feel like I target them. (no pun intended lol).

you and your GE should be on the same page.
are you kidding I hate being on the lanes as much as anyone but when I'm asked to push bullseye and candy that's conveniently when I was planning on taking my 15/30. I hate it

this petty cashier claims I make them do it all the time

oh no you're making me NOT CASHIER! why are you so awful??

seriously that cashier just sounds like a whiner and needs to get out so the rest of us can push our bullseye's playground pulls in peace 😤😤

Could I get them for insubordination?

Partner with HR. It depends on the situation. Current store HR wouldn't call it insubordination but cca for other things and he eventually quit after cca's.... Other store fired someone after they were cca'd for insubordination after they cursed me out on the floor saying I can't tell him what to do.

Unless it’s a special circumstance that your HR has partnered with your HRBP about, in order to term someone now they have to get three corrective actions within a 12 month period and any additional behavior or actions that would typically result in a 4th CA will then instead result in termination.

The point of a CA should be to correct the action, not to fire the team member. Seems like you are setting them up to fail. Just a hunch; but I feel the problem is You.
When the problem is conduct, you can move straight to final; HR and STL can go straight to term with HRBP. This isn’t about someone zoning too slow or sucking at reshop, this is someone inappropriately bitching about following directions given to them by their leader that are in line with their core roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back