Archived Quick Guest Service Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

YourReshopIsFull

Guest Services
Sometimes there will be me and one other TM working at GS, and someone will come in to do a return and then say "Oh and I have some items to check out" and start putting them on the desk for when I'm done doing their return. If there is a line of people behind them, I'm supposed to tell them I can't ring their stuff up, right? Or should I just do it if it's like less than 10 items? Just looking for some advice

Did you ask your higher ups? At my store that just ring them up.

Did you ask your higher ups? At my store that just ring them up.
I did have a coworker tell me one time not to do it and then another coworker tell me to only do it if its less than 5 items. I'll try asking a higher up when I get the chance! Also had a guest the other day act surprised when I said I couldn't (we had a super long line) and she said the whole, "oh well they've done it for me before when I made a return."

Ask your GSA/GSTL but at my store we will ring up a few items for you if you are doing a return/exchange/redcard payment/sodastream exchange/order pickup/etc and I don’t mind doing a whole cart if it’s slow in the store and I have no other guests waiting but we try not to because we don’t want people using the service desk as their own personal checklane when they don’t feel like waiting in line. Defeats the purpose of having a service desk separate from the lanes, and creates long wait times for people who just want to do stuff like a quick return or order pickup. I just go on a case by case basis basically there’s no definite number as to how many items I’ll ring up for someone

I just go on a case by case basis basically there’s no definite number as to how many items I’ll ring up for someone
Thanks! That's a pretty good philosophy and it's pretty much what I do now

We say 5 items or less, but I will do a little more as long as they aren’t busy. I’ll say, “normally we do 5 items or less, but I can ring it all up this time.” and they’re usually thankful.

Now if I deny them and they argue or just continue to pile on my counter. I’m petty and take my good old time. If they complain about my pace, well there is little counter space and bags aren’t immediately accessible.

We have one GSTM that is such a stickler about 5 items or less that it actually angers me. She’ll turn down good guests with not too many and never makes any exceptions, which is just bad guest service in my opinion.

Had someone start her return by yelling at me so since I had 4 people in line and no backup, I told her I can't ring up not a damn thing.
"I've been here an hour!"
Okay. Cool. Then you don't mind waiting, but surely the guests behind you do.
Self Checkout is open.
Bye, Becky.

But yeah this is definitely an ASANTS (all stores are not the same) thing.
If it's slow, I'll do it, but I always look at the cart and tell them I'm limited to a few/five items.
Just because I have no line doesn't mean I'm "slow." I have reshop to sort, defectives to sticker, RTS to do, photos to package, etc. All administrative stuff that rarely gets done between guests during Q4, so every second I can spare, you're damn right I'm gonna use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back