Archived Quitting Target right away question

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been working for Target for quite a while and... yeah, it's time to move on. So I got a new job offer that pays more but they might want me to start right away. How do I go about letting Target know that I quit and got a new job without having to put in two weeks?

They already made new schedule for the week after next and it seems cruel to leave my fellow team members with more work (except for the LODs, screw them). Thoughts?

You could be "that guy", drop your two weeks and just not show up for any of your shifts. Or drop your two weeks and work with the new job to start after the two weeks ends.

HR Zone and other tm's might give you the specifics but grab a volunteer term paper from your HR, fill it out and give it to either the HR tm or an LOD. Do your best to get someone to cover your shifts. If no takers, you can do like Pale said and tell your new job you are finishing out your previous job and work for the remaining time. If unable to find anyone and simply can't/don't want, throw up the middle fingers Stone Cold Steve Austin style and leave. Good luck in all your future endeavors!! ;)

I just left target and my new job understood that I have to put in 2 weeks. It shows that you care.. I'm sure your new job would understand because if they had someone leave, they'd expect the person to finish their 2 weeks too if that makes sense.

I just left target and my new job understood that I have to put in 2 weeks. It shows that you care.. I'm sure your new job would understand because if they had someone leave, they'd expect the person to finish their 2 weeks too if that makes sense.

This, any job that wouldn't let you see your time out seems fishy to me.

Finish out the two weeks so you can not hurt your team and be rehireable because you never know if you will want or even need to come back one day.

Also ask your HR team if there are new hires in your area. Whenever I have orientations I give the new folks shifts (cashier and sales floor) from branch/the swap shift board.

That doesn't work in every work center (for instance Starbucks where they can't work alone right away) but it helps!

Yes. Try, "I won't do it for you, and I won't do it to you."

Barring that, suck it up and work what you can. Try to fill what you can't. Try to switch things around as best you can.

There is no way to quit immediately without screwing over your coworkers.
Exactly. I loved my team and team leader a lot so even thought I hated the place itself... I could never screw my co-workers and team lead over. So I finished my two weeks! If you know you're out in 2 weeks, even though the place sucks, it should be easy-ish. Just make a little countdown in your head or on a calendar!

yep. finish out your 2 weeks before starting the new job. frankly, I find it in poor taste when a company doesn't get that this is common practice. how would your new employer feel if you told them you were quitting and didn't give them 2 weeks notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back