• The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.

Raises based of department cross training

Forgive me if this has been mentioned. I was browsing some threads earlier and can't remember if or where I had read it.

Right now I'm a Flow TM making $9.50, plus the $.50 overnight differential and even though I like the department, I've asked to be cross trained elsewhere (as mentioned in my other thread). Since then my ETL has no problem training me in department(s) where I see fit. They have really expressed interest in me going to Electronics and/or Plano because of my previous work exp. at Best Buy and Gamestop.

Anyways what are the pay raises (if any) per department cross trained in?

On a lighter note:

My GM saw me working the other day and complimented me on my zoning and FIFO'ing of the pet food. (you'd be surprised how bad other TM are) Anyways, he asked where I saw myself with this company in a years time. So I told him I plan on having his job and that I don't get paid to talk. He chuckled and said he'll help me as much as possible if I really want to pursue a future at Target. lol

You would be better off staying Flow with your 50 cent differential. There is no additional pay for cross-training. The best they could do is get you "champion" certified in electronics which gets you like another quarter, so you'd be at 9.75... still less than the 10/hr you make overnight. You should look at PG9/PG11 opportunities and take those instead. Check your Promotions list by your time clock and they'll have openings posted

But if you do Cross-train, you could probably get more hours so if you're willing to work 9.50/hr for more hours in the week, then do so. But i don't think they'll let you do Flow AND work day side as a TM

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay thanks. Because like we'll be scheduled from 4am-10:am, but like most know some days truck can be done by 8:30. So unless Pfresh need players, they have us clock out to save hours for the week that my TL is giving to push the trucks. I even offer to stay and work back room, do challenge, or one-spot. But they leave that for the 11am sales team...

StaticSun

Former Front-End Guru
Staff member
Administrator
You would be better off staying Flow with your 50 cent differential. There is no additional pay for cross-training. The best they could do is get you "champion" certified in electronics which gets you like another quarter, so you'd be at 9.75... still less than the 10/hr you make overnight. You should look at PG9/PG11 opportunities and take those instead. Check your Promotions list by your time clock and they'll have openings posted
PS: champion certification brings absolutely NO pay increase. You only get paid electronics/entertainment pay if you're the "brand" TM.

nib

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you won't be getting a pay increase just because you've been cross-trained. If you work more than a certain percentage in one department that has higher pay than another department you might get it, but otherwise, no, sorry about that.
Forgive me if this has been mentioned. I was browsing some threads earlier and can't remember if or where I had read it.

Right now I'm a Flow TM making $9.50, plus the $.50 overnight differential and even though I like the department, I've asked to be cross trained elsewhere (as mentioned in my other thread). Since then my ETL has no problem training me in department(s) where I see fit. They have really expressed interest in me going to Electronics and/or Plano because of my previous work exp. at Best Buy and Gamestop.

Anyways what are the pay raises (if any) per department cross trained in?

On a lighter note:

My GM saw me working the other day and complimented me on my zoning and FIFO'ing of the pet food. (you'd be surprised how bad other TM are) Anyways, he asked where I saw myself with this company in a years time. So I told him I plan on having his job and that I don't get paid to talk. He chuckled and said he'll help me as much as possible if I really want to pursue a future at Target. lol

Athena

Makin' a bail
Does shift diff vary by store/state? Ours dropped to $1 from $1.25.