Archived Raises based of department cross training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me if this has been mentioned. I was browsing some threads earlier and can't remember if or where I had read it.

Right now I'm a Flow TM making $9.50, plus the $.50 overnight differential and even though I like the department, I've asked to be cross trained elsewhere (as mentioned in my other thread). Since then my ETL has no problem training me in department(s) where I see fit. They have really expressed interest in me going to Electronics and/or Plano because of my previous work exp. at Best Buy and Gamestop.

Anyways what are the pay raises (if any) per department cross trained in?

On a lighter note:

My GM saw me working the other day and complimented me on my zoning and FIFO'ing of the pet food. (you'd be surprised how bad other TM are) Anyways, he asked where I saw myself with this company in a years time. So I told him I plan on having his job and that I don't get paid to talk. He chuckled and said he'll help me as much as possible if I really want to pursue a future at Target. lol

You would be better off staying Flow with your 50 cent differential. There is no additional pay for cross-training. The best they could do is get you "champion" certified in electronics which gets you like another quarter, so you'd be at 9.75... still less than the 10/hr you make overnight. You should look at PG9/PG11 opportunities and take those instead. Check your Promotions list by your time clock and they'll have openings posted

But if you do Cross-train, you could probably get more hours so if you're willing to work 9.50/hr for more hours in the week, then do so. But i don't think they'll let you do Flow AND work day side as a TM

Okay thanks. Because like we'll be scheduled from 4am-10:am, but like most know some days truck can be done by 8:30. So unless Pfresh need players, they have us clock out to save hours for the week that my TL is giving to push the trucks. I even offer to stay and work back room, do challenge, or one-spot. But they leave that for the 11am sales team...

You would be better off staying Flow with your 50 cent differential. There is no additional pay for cross-training. The best they could do is get you "champion" certified in electronics which gets you like another quarter, so you'd be at 9.75... still less than the 10/hr you make overnight. You should look at PG9/PG11 opportunities and take those instead. Check your Promotions list by your time clock and they'll have openings posted

PS: champion certification brings absolutely NO pay increase. You only get paid electronics/entertainment pay if you're the "brand" TM.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you won't be getting a pay increase just because you've been cross-trained. If you work more than a certain percentage in one department that has higher pay than another department you might get it, but otherwise, no, sorry about that.
Forgive me if this has been mentioned. I was browsing some threads earlier and can't remember if or where I had read it.

Right now I'm a Flow TM making $9.50, plus the $.50 overnight differential and even though I like the department, I've asked to be cross trained elsewhere (as mentioned in my other thread). Since then my ETL has no problem training me in department(s) where I see fit. They have really expressed interest in me going to Electronics and/or Plano because of my previous work exp. at Best Buy and Gamestop.

Anyways what are the pay raises (if any) per department cross trained in?

On a lighter note:

My GM saw me working the other day and complimented me on my zoning and FIFO'ing of the pet food. (you'd be surprised how bad other TM are) Anyways, he asked where I saw myself with this company in a years time. So I told him I plan on having his job and that I don't get paid to talk. He chuckled and said he'll help me as much as possible if I really want to pursue a future at Target. lol

Does shift diff vary by store/state? Ours dropped to $1 from $1.25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back