(rant) Hate setting gift card revisions (HQ please make it better)

A bit of a rant, but I'm normally the person who set gift cards and it is SUCH A DRAG to set if you want it by POG. The revision they make us do every 2-3 months is too often IMO and a waste of time. For example, if I were to add or delete 3-5 gift cards in a 3-4ft section, I would have to sometimes redo the whole section because they like to change the schematic for everything to keep it in order even if the gift cards stay exactly where it's at.

I also hate how they put labels on the back making it a hassle to change. It would be better if they had strips and can just slide them out without having to remove cards out of the way.

I tried to do the gift card revision endcap today by stationary and I just gave up 1/4 of the way.

Wish it was more of a VMG style set with no labels or at least with strips and better fixtures.

If HQ is listening, please work on a better fixture set up and make setting a revision less of a hassle and less often. Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited:
Ain't nobody even knows what gift cards we carry. I'd be more concerned if these were available through SFS/OPU.

Tie it. Let the vendors deal with it when they come in.
stores own setting and filling gift cards tho so you DO need to set it

vendors are for only support and that is why they don't service every store regularly like the beverage vendors, frito-lay, american greetings, etc do

Still have vendors rolling in once in a blue moon to fix it they can deal with it then. Currently too busy trying to find payroll to set check lanes which HQ said would take 0 hours to set 20 lanes. 🙄
Who sets the revisions for check lanes in your store ?

re-reading posts i’m confused, are we all talking about the same thing ?
There are:
‘Essentials checklane revisions - asking who sets these - SETL, cashier, front end DBO or presentation team - time consuming since there are SO many!
Target gift card set at checklanes - the gift card fixtures at each register that SETL changes -quick and easy
Giift card wall at check lanes - we have vendors come in to work on this and check inventory - a mess

re-reading posts i’m confused, are we all talking about the same thing ?
There are:
‘Essentials checklane revisions - asking who sets these - SETL, cashier, front end DBO or presentation team - time consuming since there are SO many!
Target gift card set at checklanes - the gift card fixtures at each register that SETL changes -quick and easy
Giift card wall at check lanes - we have vendors come in to work on this and check inventory - a mess
Entertainment dbo is responsible for all gift card (which is in ent not checkouts), and front end pogs. Along with entertainment and bullseye playground.

Tech just gets the additional 10 Hrs. from GM (ENT) to set the entertainment workload each week. At our store the entertainment truck is worked into tech and the fills/push/zone too. So it really only makes sense that Entertainment belong to Tech!

Tech just gets the additional 10 Hrs. from GM (ENT) to set the entertainment workload each week. At our store the entertainment truck is worked into tech and the fills/push/zone too. So it really only makes sense that Entertainment belong to Tech!
Does your tech dept activate consumer cellular? Ours does and doesn’t have time for ent.

Fellow TMs,

I have been on the fence many times if my store is following the best practice for what section numbers the checklane pogs, battery outposts, sidecaps, and in-aisle towers should be tied to. Not that it matters to guests because the Target app doesn’t show “sections” just the aisle itself.

Currently my store is using these sections:

Ess/Candy/Snacks - my store uses section “1” of the checklane
Gum/Mints - my store uses section 98
Magazines fins - usually section 96
Giftcards - section 97
I usually use section 70 for in-aisle towers and for battery outposts currently using section 99.

what is the best practice for that to pick for sections 96-99 and section 70 which are the most commonly used?

1. For sidecaps do you use 97 for fronts and 98 for backs?
2. What sections do you use for the checklane pogs above?
3. What section do you use for battery outposts and in-aisle towers?

Does your tech dept activate consumer cellular? Ours does and doesn’t have time for ent.
No, We have 3rd party Mobile. If we went to mobile plus where it was on the TM's that would be a nightmare. Our store is so busy between guests, F.F. in TECH it can take all day to complete 6 repacks & uboat. We have a TM scheduled just in entertainment 8 hrs on Monday to set most entertainment revisions, They also cover Tech TM for breaks. If it is a heavy set week, we also schedule 1 Thursday the extra time is used for tech revisions and truck push help. We can manage with just the Monday most weeks. Closers in Tech help with push if any left and mainly focus on guests as Mobile is gone usually by 6pm. We will sell prepaid including Consumer Cellular, but we don't activate it for them, we inform them to do it at home!

Back