Archived rant: psycho sr tl

Status
Not open for further replies.

sito

charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent
so our sr tl for our department is a psychopath. he has these high as hell expectations for all of us and if we dont meet them he threatens to coach or as of recently term his whole team. we just started the E2E process like maybe two months ago and we're all still trying to get the hang of it and understand what and how it's gonna go but he just doesn't want to understand us or listen to us or even be there half of teh time because he has to lod. he's on a power trip and our team is slowly starting to dislike him and all of our team is over it. we get C&S trucks every monday, wednesday and friday so we have to finish backstocking, pushing, and culling everything in a matter of 8 hours. which doesn't sound like too much to ask for, expect for our store is the second highest selling target in the PNW so yes we're busy, constantly, our GM truck is big like the majority of the days our C&S trucks are big like every monday wednesday and friday. it's just a pain in the ass because we can easily backstocking everything but our SR TL just doesn't like anything we do. it's just ugh aggravating. we already lost one team member and now he might lose us all.

sorry just ranting

Just hang in there.

If he's a wack ack ack ack ack as you say he won't be around long.

Just hang in there.

If he's a wack ack ack ack ack as you say he won't be around long.
he's trying to become an ETL but idk how long that'll last...

the weird part is that he will be super friendly one day and talk to us about video games and music and just life in general and then the next day he'll be like "I'M FIRING ALL OF YOU FOR NOT MEETING MY EXPECTATIONS!"

Everyone who has a problem with him needs to talk to your TL or the STL if he is your TL.

Nothing will ever happen if it isn't documented in some way.

HEY! Do we work in the same store? Same story here! It sucks, I know. But, I'm trying not to worry about it, because they'll probably be replaced soon anyway. Leaders are constantly being moved around. So it's a matter of just surviving the bad ones. Cover your ass, smile and nod, and go back to doing what you want.

HEY! Do we work in the same store? Same story here! It sucks, I know. But, I'm trying not to worry about it, because they'll probably be replaced soon anyway. Leaders are constantly being moved around. So it's a matter of just surviving the bad ones. Cover your ass, smile and nod, and go back to doing what you want.
i wouldn't doubt it but i also dont think we do lol im only worried about it because when he gets on our case everyone else does as well. he's just a bad case of mr grumps.

the weird part is that he will be super friendly one day and talk to us about video games and music and just life in general and then the next day he'll be like "I'M FIRING ALL OF YOU FOR NOT MEETING MY EXPECTATIONS!"
So, Anthony Scaramucci is working for Trump and moonlighting at Target!

But seriously, try not to let it get to you. He can coach everyone all he wants, but to fire you he needs to do multiple corrective actions all of which will be seen by the HR-ETL. Then corporate has to approve every termination. He starts trying to fire the whole team and someone will notice. They will then start looking at that SRTL himself. In the meantime, everyone on your team affected by him should follow the chain of command and voice their concerns to first, your ETL, then your HR-ETL.

If he doesn't cool his jets, he will be the one who is gone.

Just keep telling yourself, at Target, as with life, everything is temporary.

Hrm.. Have not heard that goings on over in market.. Either that or one of us is being lied to about sales goals.. Cause I am pretty sure I would know about that kind of crazy SRTL...

We have a srtl who was just like this. We always called him bi polar .He would be mean as hell one minute and then an hour later would try talking to you about your life outside of work hobbies etc. . I could go on and on about him but I will just leave it at he was an ass. The interesting part is he is still my srtl and is a completely different person now. He changed. I am not saying he doesn't have those moments where is an ass...but they are few and far between and most days he can be pleasant to be around . I know for a fact that multiple tms went to the stl and hr about him and called hotline. We ( the log team) stuck together and bombarded the hotline, stl and hr with complaints and feed back. Ieven told the stl that he could be a good leader he just had a bad attitude and he was going to come in one morning to do the truck and no one was going to be there. Took about a month but we slowly started seeing changes. My advice would be to talk with your hr if you don't see results with that talk with your stl. If you don't notice any changes then start calling the hotline. If more than one person complains/vents to hr, stl, hotline it works better and faster .

If I ventured guess, he is being challenged on how things are going from his ETL. You know how they say "shit rolls down stream"? You just happen to be downstream. I'm a firm believer that if someone is acting like a jack ass you call them out on it. E2E is a learning process and it takes time. With these new processes they are expecting the teams to be super efficient and that goes for TL too. It sounds like this TL is not a leader at all. I would go to HR and let them know exactly what you wrote here. That way it is on record. Good luck. Some TLs are just plain power trip assholes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back