Archived Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
I hate that I have been ranting so much, but I just need to get this off my chest.

So usually closing GS on Tuesday nights are just fine. However, our LOD is not. Their really nice when it's a non work discussion and so forth, but as soon as anything work related is discussed, they just flip a switch and come off rude and hurtful.

Basically here's how Tuesday went down:

- A team member who had clocked out for the day was waiting for their ride and was talking to me. I was doing defects while chatting with him. The cart attendant had walked over because he was doing the trash. So we all talked for a minute or so. Here comes my LOD who struts over and basically scolds the cart attendant for coming over here and talking and not doing work. She said this isn't the "boys club" over here and so forth. Mind you, she was talking to the cart attendant but was eying me throughout it. So the cart attendant walks off and she turns me to and goes "that wasn't directed towards you".. Okay so I'm not trying to be cocky but I already knew that. I always get my work done and I don't have a chatting problem, but she just goes "your good your good" and giving me compliments that sound so insincere. So she walks off to the restroom and comes back and starts questioning me about how much the cart attendant comes over here. I told her that he's not a problem and he rarely comes over here to "chat" and things of that nature. So then she felt bad and said she would apologize to him.

So now I'm watching the front for my GSTL's lunch and at one point I was standing at the express lane. The lane in front of me had 3 guests total. So I took the the third guest and as soon as the guest puts her basket down, my LOD came over and scolded me for not helping the guest in front of her first. So she put me on the spot and I felt embarrassed and I felt bad because I would never ignore a guest like that, I thought I saw her things on the conveyor and she was next so I figured I would take the guest after her. Afterwards, she comes over and apologies and says "you're amazing you do great" and insists that her friend passing is why she is acting like this.

Now I feel bad for her, but she used the same excuse about her friend when she scolded us at GS and then did the same thing when I was watching the lanes.

Couple that with her calling me "bud", it's just increasingly frustrating that I just have to put up with her and just say "It's okay, no worries" with a huge smile on my face.. Ugh!

Rant away, that's what we're here for.
Always glad to listen.

I understand the position you're in, on the one hand you want to be empathetic to your LOD about the death of her friend.
We all know that kind of pain makes it hard to keep it together sometimes and even the strongest people crack around the edges.
So you want to be understanding and supportive because you're a decent human being.

On the other hand, it's a challenge when that person is your boss and they are consistently over shooting the mark.
At least she realized when she was making a mistake and seems to recognize that you are a good worker.
It will take some time for her to pull it together but I think with time things will get better.

My ETL-GE always seems to be like that she is always in some mood. She knows her shit and does her job well but when it comes to communicating with team members and coaching ect, she does a sub-par job. This whole week she has been very nice to everyone im not sure what is up but ill take it but I am treading very carefully with her.

Did all of this occur in one night, or is it ongoing? If it just happened once (one night), then I think her excuse is legitimate. Doesn't make it easier for you, but I imagine a lot of people would feel the same way if their friend passed away, and may react more emotionally than they otherwise would. But if this is an ongoing issue, then it's another story, and you shouldn't have to put up with wild mood swings on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back