Archived Really Plano?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay everything in the store is changing. But the way Plano is whining you would think only they are affected. Price change is being slammed right now. Flow is being slammed right now. Softlines is being slammed right now. Food teams are being slammed right now. So Plano yep you got a lot going on, just like everyone else. Suck it up and quit thinking you are the only team being stretched really thin. Oh by the way, a simple thanks for having flow fill all of Christmas, mini and SSS would be really nice.
Rant over

we took our flow team out for lunch for helping us. but yes, we still whine. i dont know who designs the adjacency calendar, but they have to know halloween is not going away so quickly. i think the biggest PITA is the etl/stl... i dont know how they expect for four people (5 w/me) to set sss, seasonal and get 20+ pallets pushed in one day. no good job, just complaining that we didn't get all the overheads hung as well. which made me grumpy for just a little while. i try not to whine and i try to keep everyone positive, but sometimes after talking to our leadership team, i have to go set shoes by myself for a while. ;)

our flow team totally saved our butts on this one. so kudos to them!

Last edited:
Must be a Plano thing because all our Plano team ever does is whine. You could buy each of them a new car and they would still find something to ***** about.

I am on pog team. And it is very hard to get everything done this time of the year. Halloween should have went salvage today, if they want us to set Christmas in mini. Instead we are force to move the crap around over and over. *sigh*

We have tons of pogs and revisions. And we really weren't given enough hours to get everything done. But at least we get to go in at 4am on Wednesday to set SSS.

It is hard for everyone this time of year. We keep getting our pricing hours cut further and further and expect us to get it done. We only have 2 people on our pricing team. It sucks but we just go in and do the best we can. They usually end up having to add a couple hours just so we can get done. It would help if we are made aware when merchandise is flexed somewhere or endcaps were tied in correctly.
I am only one person and I do what I can to the best of my abilities.

Front end is setting sss this transition at my store. Probably has to do with plano hours im guessing lol.

I work numerous areas of the store, mostly Electronics, Plano, & HL (with Market thrown in here & there). We literally are stretched thin.......in all areas. Half of our Plano team worked with ms on SSS recently, while the other half hit Seasonal & mini. Halloween crap is definitely in the way still & hopefully is ripped out soon enough. Our Plano team is great (I'm not full-time Plano, just help out the PTL when help is needed & to pick up hours). They don't whine, they bust their respective rears & personally, I can thank a few other areas (HL & Flow for sure) that have helped us push on when first cranking out a ton of the Christmas/Seasonal stuff. I will say that not all Plano teams are whiners & we ALL have huge loads to work with this time of year. Some of the stress from it all can cause some "whining", I'm sure. But know that some of us work damn hard & still may need a helping hand. Then again, that's what our team/store does best. If anyone falls behind a bit, everyone shifts around to help out & keep us on top of our game.......which is pretty much how I started working other areas. I helped out a bit, they saw how well I did, & offered to schedule me in if they needed me or if I wanted the hours.

Hope we all get this junk set & have at least 5 minutes to breathe before the Black Friday rush.

Well said OP!

Sometimes I just feel bad for Plano, at our store they are so negative and speed challenged. But being the handworking s.o.b. I am, hand over support. My flaw is when I need to lend a hand I am constantly following up with the entire team seeing how the leader doesn't communicate with anyone, including his team. It is always fun to challenge them and give them a goal time and another task after they complete the current one, they all look like they want to cry. Give me a break... Come 4th quarter when they are working to help flow fill the floor they are going to be dying from actually having to lift a finger and sweat a little!!!

Maybe they will start to apprecaite flow a little, but I am not holding my breath.

/rant

Plano sets SSS? Wow, at my store it is the front end who puts SSS out.

Plano sets
Front end maintains
Pricing salvages
Plano resets
cycle continues...

Plano sets
Front end maintains
Pricing salvages
Plano resets
cycle continues...

This might be how it works at your store.....but not at mine!
The only thing that matches you is Front end maintaining and pricing salvaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back