Archived reasons that target fires people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that I've heard of: TM discount card violations, stealing gift cards from guests, stealing in general, losing keys, handing keys to non-Target employees (like reps), NCNS, constantly late, taking overly long breaks, gross insubordination

These happen at my store sadly. ALOT.

I ran into a TL after she got fired. She told me ... (and this is from her, I know no other details) she was let go because she wasn't coaching enough.

I absolutely believe this, in fact, have proof that this is happening to others, what an absolute illegal situation!
I ran into a TL after she got fired. She told me ... (and this is from her, I know no other details) she was let go because she wasn't coaching enough.

Reasons I've seen at my store: constant NCNSs/call offs (NCNSing two shifts in a row, then calling the third time, basically playing the system), saying that an ETL wasn't answering the front door because she was finger-f*cking herself... those two were both after their first ninety days were past. Usually if someone's fired at my store in their first ninety days, it's due to poor performance (not working fast enough and not responding to continued coachings) or calling in too much. We have one TM that's had six final warnings but still hasn't been fired, lol.

Well besides the offense I take to most of what you wrote, I would say more often than not it's the entry level, 7$/hr employees who get the bad end of the stick in almost every way.
Reasons I've seen at my store: constant NCNSs/call offs (NCNSing two shifts in a row, then calling the third time, basically playing the system), saying that an ETL wasn't answering the front door because she was finger-f*cking herself... those two were both after their first ninety days were past. Usually if someone's fired at my store in their first ninety days, it's due to poor performance (not working fast enough and not responding to continued coachings) or calling in too much. We have one TM that's had six final warnings but still hasn't been fired, lol.

You would be surprised at some of the BS you can get away with though.

A few years ago, we got a new 24 year old ETL-HR. (about my age at the time) I had a feeling she was interested in me. (I was a GSTL at the time)

She was always calling me in the office and just talking about her personal life with me for 30 minutes at a time, always making casual cryptic insinuations that she thought I was attractive, etc.

One night we had just closed the store and let the team out. We were the only two people in the building. We were in her office going over the schedule and she was flirting with me casually. We were talking about how bad all of her past relationships were, and how she wished she had experienced more in life.

So anyway, she got up to walk out of the office and as she got up she said "It's too bad people can't do the things they want in life". I grabbed her crotch and said "Like that?"

Looking back on it, I don't know WTF I was thinking because that could have gone so incredibly wrong, but at the time I just had the feeling that was what she wanted.

Lol, long story short she ended up closing the door and we had sex in her office for 45 mins.

We ended up getting together outside of work all the time for a few months after that. Eventually she moved out of state and we lost touch.

No one ever found out any of it was going on.

A few years ago, we got a new 24 year old ETL-HR. (about my age at the time) I had a feeling she was interested in me. (I was a GSTL at the time)

She was always calling me in the office and just talking about her personal life with me for 30 minutes at a time, always making casual cryptic insinuations that she thought I was attractive, etc.

One night we had just closed the store and let the team out. We were the only two people in the building. We were in her office going over the schedule and she was flirting with me casually. We were talking about how bad all of her past relationships were, and how she wished she had experienced more in life.

So anyway, she got up to walk out of the office and as she got up she said "It's too bad people can't do the things they want in life". I grabbed her crotch and said "Like that?"

Looking back on it, I don't know WTF I was thinking because that could have gone so incredibly wrong, but at the time I just had the feeling that was what she wanted.

Lol, long story short she ended up closing the door and we had sex in her office for 45 mins.

We ended up getting together outside of work all the time for a few months after that. Eventually she moved out of state and we lost touch.

Dear Breakroom
I didn't believe the stories on your forums were true, until this happened to me...

something like this needs to happen to me... right now!!

Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more, say no more. :D

something like this needs to happen to me... right now!!

Same here, but not our ETL-HR. He's my gender and twice my age. Our ETL-GE, on the other hand... ;-)

POTD . "Post of the Day"

But I wouldnt dare try to to talk to any target employees... So to the Mobile Vendor it is!

Sounds like a double standard to me!

lol it's like that in and on SOOOO many Levels at Target. ... 1 person gets to take home a (copyrighted) twilight poster one day(which is a HUGE no-no-never-ever-ever!), the other person asks to take a couple of displays home for charity purposes and gets denied the day after. that is def. double standard because person 2 isn't a TL and doesn't crawl up the ETL's butts on a daily basis. :) Just saying

LOL!! I've heard of MANY stories where ETL's hook up with TLs/TMs.. Even a couple business partners (granted they were ETLs at one point) hooking up with ETLS. It's life. When you're stuck with the same people for 40+ hrs a week, you tend to get close haha ESP after happy hour haha

Lol nice!

Gee, I assume you were still punched in while you had your tryst? It reminds me of a time when two of my ETL's were having a threesome with one of the flow team members in an office of a former store of mine. She was on the clock, too, and spent the entire night going at it with them. It seems no one cared about productivity that night?

Gee, I assume you were still punched in while you had your tryst? It reminds me of a time when two of my ETL's were having a threesome with one of the flow team members in an office of a former store of mine. She was on the clock, too, and spent the entire night going at it with them. It seems no one cared about productivity that night?

Maybe she was looking to advance?

I hope out of all of this you were able to get some useful instruction.
I met someone the other day who said they were fired from target, I was hired last month and since im still on my 90 day probation I want to make sure im not terminated,so what could cause a termination? any little thing, I wanna know so I can avoid that.

If they were on the clock, that means Target is the gateway for prostitution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back