Archived Rebate checks

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do we process those rebate checks for like formula and stuff? As a check or a coupon?

Hit K5 Other Checks, then K2 Rebate Check, then enter the amount and feed it into the check reader. As redeye58 said above, the rebate check should be placed in your register in the slot farthest to the left.

And make sure the check matches the brand of the formula.

Those are big checks... just put it under your til with the large bills don't fold them either. The GSTLs will understand why you didn't put it with the rest of the checks. Your Cash Office people will appreciate it too.

Those are big checks... just put it under your til with the large bills don't fold them either. The GSTLs will understand why you didn't put it with the rest of the checks. Your Cash Office people will appreciate it too.
ASANTS for sure on this one. we don't put anything under our tills. when I was still doing GSA regularly, it could be days before I found something hidden underneath a cash tray, and I had to get into the habit of looking under them each time a new batch of seasonals came in. ask your GSA/GSTL what they want done with them. otherwise they may go hidden for days.

Yes, our store would rather have them folded with the checks than hiding under the till for weeks.

Yeh, we had a new GSA who wouldn't check under the drawers when she rebanked at night.
Until one morning when I was putting in a change request & noticed the corner of a bill sticking out from under the drawer.
It wasn't just 'a bill' but a $100 & not just one but TWO so that meant Starbucks was going to be $200 short on yesterday's count until I saw our AP going by & flagged him down.

when you process rebate checks.... go to checks then select other check, then rebate checks.... process like you do any other check.... but please for the love of Target.... put in with the other checks, 50s and 100s in your drawer slots.... NEVER EVER with the coupons! :)

ASANTS for sure on this one. we don't put anything under our tills. when I was still doing GSA regularly, it could be days before I found something hidden underneath a cash tray, and I had to get into the habit of looking under them each time a new batch of seasonals came in. ask your GSA/GSTL what they want done with them. otherwise they may go hidden for days.

Yes, our store would rather have them folded with the checks than hiding under the till for weeks.

Wait, you don't put anything under the tills? Where do you put your 50s and 100s?

Wait, you don't put anything under the tills? Where do you put your 50s and 100s?
We put our 50's, 100's and checks to the left of the 20's.

100's on bottom, then 50's on top of the 100's, and checks on the very top. Technically we put $2 bills there too, but those are much less common.

We put our 50's, 100's and checks to the left of the 20's.

100's on bottom, then 50's on top of the 100's, and checks on the very top. Technically we put $2 bills there too, but those are much less common.

Man, I would get yelled at by the GSA, GSTL, ETL-GE and ETL-AP if I did that. Large bills and large checks go under the till and regular checks to the left of the 20s face down. But like someone else said, ASANTS.

Its definitely a case of ASANTS, at my store we keep a small number of 50s and 100s to the left of the 20s, the rest with the checks go under the till. As for rebate checks, they also go under the till.
For the past two weeks, we have had to rebank each lane after a cashier completed their shift, to prevent and control theft.

Its definitely a case of ASANTS, at my store we keep a small number of 50s and 100s to the left of the 20s, the rest with the checks go under the till. As for rebate checks, they also go under the till.
For the past two weeks, we have had to rebank each lane after a cashier completed their shift, to prevent and control theft.

Never once rebanked a lane, we only even skim on Black Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back