Rebin nightmare??

How's everyone else doing out there in other Dcs? Here at t579 it's getting shittier and shittier. Get scheduled for 30hrs a week but get lucky if I get 24hrs before being sent home due to no more work. I bust my ass for this place and I like my job but it's quickly becoming a part time job. Hope you all are doing better then me

How's everyone else doing out there in other Dcs? Here at t579 it's getting shittier and shittier. Get scheduled for 30hrs a week but get lucky if I get 24hrs before being sent home due to no more work. I bust my ass for this place and I like my job but it's quickly becoming a part time job. Hope you all are doing better then me
What is rebin? What is t579? Change departments! I believe your name says it all.

flexed down last 4 weeks to 36 hours and asked if i want to go home early almost every day 😟

If your dc is like mine, there are opportunities to move to other departments for hours.
I have applied for inbound and outbound all shifts just haven't been lucky yet to be moved. I actually was a temp in the arts department before being hired on in rebin and really enjoyed the work

What is rebin? What is t579? Change departments! I believe your name says it all.
Rebin is basically where we pack the packs going out to the stores. T579 is my target dc. Yeah I don't really like but was offered the job as a temp and took it. Trying to get myself out of this situation desperately

Damn my repqcks been a disaster lately. Every truck is full of them not sorted by zones. Crazy that 579 went from sorted by aisles to can even sort by zone in a matter of months. I'm assuming it's part of the process to start going away from sorted repacks again back to the old zones.

Rebin is basically where we pack the packs going out to the stores. T579 is my target dc. Yeah I don't really like but was offered the job as a temp and took it. Trying to get myself out of this situation desperately
Why are they hiring temps right now if there aren't hours to be worked?
flexed down last 4 weeks to 36 hours and asked if i want to go home early almost every day 😟
Lucky to get 36, at least they haven't met you at the front doors yet. It could be worse!

Why are they hiring temps right now if there aren't hours to be worked?

Lucky to get 36, at least they haven't met you at the front doors yet. It could be worse!
Well I will have been here 2 years in September,10 Months as a temp and then was hired on. We haven't had temps since December

Damn my repqcks been a disaster lately. Every truck is full of them not sorted by zones. Crazy that 579 went from sorted by aisles to can even sort by zone in a matter of months. I'm assuming it's part of the process to start going away from sorted repacks again back to the old zones.
So most Dcs use just legacy to pack packs? Or am I missing something. They have me in legacy now on most days and even like yesterday got sent home at 130 because legacy was closed down. There is so many people here that are not needed because of most of the stuff going through presort then to auto or manual it just sorted in one shot in legacy. It does make a lot more sense this way but I don't see why they just won't layoff people that aren't needed. Even if I am one of them it's better than being stuck in the middle. Hard to find a part time job that only has week hours for me. Most places only hire part time folks who can work the weekend and seeing as I am on a1 my weekend is full. Honestly I would love to get just a job but only have been offered full time so I would have to quit here which I don't want because I do appreciate my job. Last month I probably lost 1000 bucks in income.

So most Dcs use just legacy to pack packs? Or am I missing something. They have me in legacy now on most days and even like yesterday got sent home at 130 because legacy was closed down. There is so many people here that are not needed because of most of the stuff going through presort then to auto or manual it just sorted in one shot in legacy. It does make a lot more sense this way but I don't see why they just won't layoff people that aren't needed. Even if I am one of them it's better than being stuck in the middle. Hard to find a part time job that only has week hours for me. Most places only hire part time folks who can work the weekend and seeing as I am on a1 my weekend is full. Honestly I would love to get just a job but only have been offered full time so I would have to quit here which I don't want because I do appreciate my job. Last month I probably lost 1000 bucks in income.
Most likely this is a slow period that will not last forever. They will need the employees they have once business needs pick back up. This situation certainly sucks, I guess you can just hope that it gets busy soon. Hang in there if you like it there. This slump can't last forever, hopefully.

I don't work in a DC but from what I seen on an earlier post is that everyone was going back to legacy but I can't answer for certain. This is probably the slowest time of the year for the dc as transitions in May are nearly nonexistent. Should be much more normal in June/July and I'd assume once back to school/college hits the dcs it'll be non stop from there till Christmas. Again I don't work in a DC so take what I say with a grain of salt.

My current employer is hiring for several different positions. It's 32 miles SSW of 579 with starting pay of $23.11, increasing to $24.50 in July (plus $1.00 differential for 2nd and 3rd shift).

If you live south of the DC, it's something to consider. These are union jobs if that matters to you.

So I didn't realize my DC is a pilot DC until today when talking to a old time employee. So rebin was a massive failure I guess and that's why most Dcs didn't try it. That's the problem tho I don't see those jobs becoming available in the future because with rebin you have presort, then auto and manual. With legacy it's just one person doing the sorting and sending out the boxes. I love working here tho so I probably will try to stick it out. They sent a bunch of folks home at 10 today after 4hrs because there is so little work now luckily I am trained in legacy now so that's where I primarily work. The people who aren't trained really have a hard time getting hours. It is a good place overall to work at with lots of good people so yeah I would love to keep my job for sure

If you're interested in staying definitely look into putting a job change in. Other departments are getting less hours too but not losing as much as packing is.

Most likely this is a slow period that will not last forever. They will need the employees they have once business needs pick back up. This situation certainly sucks, I guess you can just hope that it gets busy soon. Hang in there if you like it there. This slump can't last forever, hopefully.
Unfortunately this isn’t the case. Dc’s have gone from nearly 100% out of ar to 38% as it takes much less hours to get the work done.

So I didn't realize my DC is a pilot DC until today when talking to an old time employee. So rebin was a massive failure I guess and that's why most Dcs didn't try it. That's the problem tho I don't see those jobs becoming available in the future because with rebin you have presort, then auto and manual. With legacy it's just one person doing the sorting and sending out the boxes. I love working here tho so I probably will try to stick it out. They sent a bunch of folks home at 10 today after 4hrs because there is so little work now luckily I am trained in legacy now so that's where I primarily work. The people who aren't trained really have a hard time getting hours. It is a good place overall to work at with lots of good people so yeah I would love to keep my job for sure
Idk if I would call ar a failure. I feel it did what it was intended to do, make it easier for stores even though it took more hours at the dc.

Idk if I would call ar a failure. I feel it did what it was intended to do, make it easier for stores even though it took more hours at the dc.
Yeah definitely seems to mostly be a cost savings decision. Atleast from the outside perspective and what I was told.

Back