Receipt printer problems - maintenance?

Receipt printers receive a lot of usage. Like most things which are heavily used, they need occasional maintenance and repair. Our store has some receipt printers which aren't printing legible receipts, even after clearing out the paper debris and inserting a different receipt paper roll. Some of the illegible receipt printers are at self-checkout. After months, they still haven't been serviced. I've asked our leaders about this, they are aware, but nothing happens. Guests occasionally are worried. I don't think this kind of neglected maintenance, leading to illegible receipts, reflects well on Target's brand.

Is lack of regular maintenance of receipt printers a common problem companywide, or is this another example of ASANTS? Would regular ongoing maintenance of these printers cost so much that the store would get in trouble for exceeding the maintenance budget?

Open tickets in the Devices section of myHelp if that's still a thing you can do. Compucom will come and replace the printer(s).

Open tickets in the Devices section of myHelp if that's still a thing you can do. Compucom will come and replace the printer(s).
this. SCO receipt printers suck! open a ticket in my help, tell them you already tried cleaning in the ticket, and they'll send someone in 2-3 days to fix.

In our store, TMs are not allowed to open tickets in MyHelp -- I know where it is on our Zebras. I've suggested to our ETLs that they open a ticket or ask our PML. As of this time, nothing has been done. Due to our shift hours, I very rarely encounter our PML and as an hourly TM do not have internal e-mail. To be painfully honest, some of our thermal receipt printers and other checkout register screens and pads have been malfunctioning for months without being properly fixed.

I do not know if this is the case is many Targets. Maybe I'm wasting my time asking about this. My reason for asking this is to see if many Target stores are like mine, in that routine maintenance-and-servicing of POS electronics is postponed until it reaches some sort of mysterious crisis point. This category includes the touch-tone screens used in self-checkout and staffed cash registers, the check-scan mechanisms (mainly used to process baby-food rebate checks), payment card "PIN pad" readers, and embarrassingly-frequent cash-register malfunctions.

I just don't get it. This company takes enormous pride in guest experience. When I have frequent guests at our store who have previously experienced delays due to our store's checkout technology, and they ask me as the guest advocate, inside I just shake my head. Does anybody at corporate realize how bad it looks to guests when we start ringing up their purchases, only to have the scanner freeze up halfway through their cart, having the register disabled so it won't produce a suspend slip, then having to put all their stuff back into the cart and make a dash towards another register, start ringing things up only to have a different type of malfunction like the card reader seizing up, or the receipt printer no longer able to print anything.....

Target's brand promise is to help all families experience the joy of everyday life. Can the company fix, and regularly maintain, each store's checkout equipment, so that Target's beloved and loyal team members can fully deliver our brand promise to our guests during checkout?

Maybe your ETL doesn't know you can open a ticket. Have you tried it? One of the things you can do is take a cleaning wipe and wipe off the thermal print head

Back