Archived Receiving Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those in Receiving what are your store Receiving Hours? If you are 7am-1pm what do you do when a delivery comes at 1:30/2pm? Often times being Pitt Ohio or someone with fixtures and such. As i have duties in store after 1pm. But if the deiver rings the bell a TM will call me on walkie. Then must unlock dock doors and get pulled away from other tasks.

For those in Receiving what are your store Receiving Hours? If you are 7am-1pm what do you do when a delivery comes at 1:30/2pm? Often times being Pitt Ohio or someone with fixtures and such. As i have duties in store after 1pm. But if the deiver rings the bell a TM will call me on walkie. Then must unlock dock doors and get pulled away from other tasks.
If it's a delivery like fixtures,signing, Starbucks or your Fdc deliveries. You should go ahead and accept it. Vendors like soda or other food vendors you can refuse but most times the drivers are required to call their dispatch and then dispatch will either call you or the Lod and try get you to accept it. Sometimes FedEx or Ups comes late. I might be doing things some where else and not hear the bell. Someone might hear the bell and page me. Since STS I will take Ups and Fedex.

6-2:30 if she is not there and I am back there packing SFS orders she will leave the door where I can buzz people in and sign for deliveries UPS/Fed-Ex, if they need a dock door, they have to wait for her to come back or if the BRTL is there he can open the dock. Most of our Vendors have been with us long enough they know her schedule and can time it right, if not they have done this long enough they can do go do the work on the floor then when she gets back do the paperwork.

C&S gives no fucks about what time they show up.

6-2:30. thankfully we get our fdc delivered no longer than 9am. as far as I know from covering, If i'm not around, backroom tl, flow tl and or etl are the ones responsible for any delivers.

Receiving hours are 8-2, M-F and it’s posted on the door. Anyone arriving outside of those hours was usually ignored since most TMs didn’t know how to open the door. If I did happen to open the door, I would inform them that the dock is closed, like the sign says, and they would have to come back.

I used to let them in, but I got burned too often with simple deliveries taking forever. Like oh it’s just a pallet of signing...except oops the pallet is destroyed and it has to be restacked. Or oh it’s just a Coke delivery, quick and easy...except there’s a sale this weekend so it’s 12 pallets, and there’s no adsd barcode, and the receipt won’t print.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back