I'm Lost! Receiving questions

I recently took over the receiving postion at my store and have a few questions.

1) What do I do with the stack of tax prep software (turbotax etc.) that someone left in receiving?

2) Do display units (ipad, iphone) that I receive through ups or fedex need to be check in? The only items I have been checking in are video games, fan central clothing and I had one box of nose frida product for infants.

3) Is it possible to reopen a IR that I already shipped back to the vendor? I just found a repack full of recalled shoes that belong to that IR.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

1. Mysupport and see if they can issue you an IR. I believe the disposition was to toss when proccessed.

2. Yes if its for sure a display with class 94. Sometimes they send displays with the sellable UPC still attached. It obviously doesn't work so I don't check those in since it would increase the count and you can't sell it

3. Yes you can. Just mysupport it and it helps to know which QA number you need reopened. If say the shoes were designated to be tossed then you would just defect them out. Try to do it towards the beginning of your shift so it drops while you are there. If you do it before you leave it may drop while you are gone and it can cause trouble for you proccess and scoring wise.

DM me if you have other questions.

Last edited:
I recently took over the receiving postion at my store and have a few questions.

1) What do I do with the stack of tax prep software (turbotax etc.) that someone left in receiving?

2) Do display units (ipad, iphone) that I receive through ups or fedex need to be check in? The only items I have been checking in are video games, fan central clothing and I had one box of nose frida product for infants.

3) Is it possible to reopen a IR that I already shipped back to the vendor? I just found a repack full of recalled shoes that belong to that IR.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Second one is correct just as snarf said.
As for the 1st and 3rd you don’t need to my support any of it , you can actually look it up on the recall data sheet. Work bench , quick links , recall , and then excel page will open . And you can select how to look up by IR no, or by the DPCi Select dpci type the first 3 no ie 096 for shoes and you will get the final disposition for it .

As for the 1st and 3rd you don’t need to my support any of it , you can actually look it up on the recall data sheet. Work bench , quick links , recall , and then excel page will open . And you can select how to look up by IR no, or by the DPCi Select dpci type the first 3 no ie 096 for shoes and you will get the final disposition for
He actually does for the shoes. The shoes as he said are being sent back to the vendor. In order for his store to get credit he needs it reopened so he can proccess them out. As far as the turbo tax those were not a QA so they won't be on the recall data sheet.

Half the time SBT products you can just toss. However SBT product with on hands you need confirmation to toss. Besides auditing the only way to adjust the on hands is through an IR. It won't allow you to defect out. If your onhands show 0 then it stands with good reason to just toss. I would still mysupport first to cover your back.

Back