Archived Recently left Target and starting to regret it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a (former) Team Member of 5 years that left my position to pursue what I saw as a better opportunity with another retailer. My new place of employment isn't really turning out to be as great as I thought it would be though and I am missing big red more and more every day.

I finished off the last day of my two-week notice with Target about 15 days ago. before I left I had been on the Team Lead Bench and was working closely with my leadership team to get to where I want to be. I view myself as a very hard worker and I know that the people I worked with at my old store would say the same about me. (people were genuinely shocked and saddened when they found out I was leaving) I don't necessarily want to return to the same store that I worked at previously though, and I am fortunate enough to live in an area where there are many Target stores nearby me.

I was looking for some insight as to if I were to apply for Team Lead positions at nearby stores this soon after leaving would be a good idea or if I should wait a few months and apply then. Is there any internal process that happens when (re)hiring on a former Team Member from another store?

I would give your new place a chance first and see how it works out , it is only natural to miss the people you have worked with for five years and Target for all its faults have always been able to attract great people .Do you know any etl at another store who could help and advise you as to what is best in your area, in ours it seems easier to make tl from outside , so it might even be an advantage for you. Applying too soon may seem desperate though .A surprising amount of people do come back and just think of how great it will sound to them when you let your interviewer know how wonderful Target is compared to everyone else . Good luck

You should stick out your current job and if you feel it's what you want, apply to a different Target than the one you worked at

Things always suck when you first start them. It gets easier with time.

Truth is, I have seen people get "training" and other stupid shit like that where they are given they idea they might get to be a team leader or promoted. Every single time someone I have never seen comes in and gets the job. Target does not promote up, they hire externally or shift horizontally generally from what I have saw.

They seem to use people by giving them the idea they might get to be a boss. They use them by giving them low level command of a team for when the real Team Leader is either not at work or busy with sitting on their ass. Think of how some women play rich men by telling them all the great things they can give the man but never really delivering on them. I tend to know more about the process and my job then theses trainees do, usually they are much newer than me. I have been doing this shit for years and yet I get people micromanaging me who almost always fuck the process up more than they help it.

Honestly I don't care anymore, I just do whatever they want me to and go home at my allotted time. No, I'm not staying and if you ask why I'm going to stare at you like your an idiot because asking questions about my non-work life is privileged information that I don't care to tell you about.

So yeah, the carrot no the stick is just that. Move on and move up. You can always get a new job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back