Archived Recognition Cards

Recognition cards, are they mailed to you or giving to you at work?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been mailed all my recognition cards and I'm indifferent toward that but wouldn't it be easier just to give them to the respected TM's?

You mean the cards they put up on the bulletin board near the TSC entrance every month that basically gives cashiers kudos for getting a red card? Nope. We don't get ours. I don't even know where they go after the month is over because no TM ever sees them.

Basically being recognized for anything from the outstanding to the mundane.
In my store, it's a LOT of mundane.

I've been mailed all my recognition cards and I'm indifferent toward that but wouldn't it be easier just to give them to the respected TM's?

Lol yeah you try running down every tm who gets one. I have tracked down people in the store to hand them to them only for them to immediately throw them in the trash. Never again.

Now they get attached to pay checks and stubs and mailed.

Last edited:
Uh, what's a "recognition card"???

There is a board in team member center full of sticky notes of people recognizing other team members.

Some stores make an effort to give them out but it's challenging.

While some are a joke like redeye implied some of my leaders write really thoughtful notes.

One of our retirees daughters came to pick up stuff for her mom and told us how she had a collection of her notes over the years, I thought that was really cute.

At our store LOD is required to write minimum 3 a day.

I write them to tms who rarely get them, like our super reliable 23 year veteran pricing tm. Our old cute vml used to get a whole bunch from creepy guys. I hate how some people use them to flirt.

My ETL is actually kind of obsessed with these. They pick several TMs off the board every week and have me mail them out. Sometimes they'll get all of the leadership to write messages on one of the 8.5 x 11 recognition forms and then I'll mail it out. Just last week they went crazy and had me mail out the fancier thank you cards to about 14 TMs. Just in time for Best Team Survey, eh?

Damn, wish my store kept up on the recognition stuff. We have the little cards and the board for them but nobody has bothered to clean out the old cards so nobody uses that system anymore. Or even pays attention to it.

Management routinely makes cards (think birthday cards but not just for birthdays) for each other and they'll pass em around amongst each other so everyone but the recipient leaves a note on it.

Then there's stuff for the top REDcard earners.

I'm sure my ETL-Salesfloor does things for the employees she oversees but BRTMs get nothing.

If a customer leaves good feedback about me, I get a super impersonal "Hey you. Good job". Or if I work 13 days straight to carry the store through Easter, my name goes up on this obscure 7th consecutive day report that disappears 5 hours after it gets posted. Or I get the honor of constantly covering for another BRTM while he covers front end call out's. Shit's fucked.

I used to get recognition cards all the time when I started and now nothing not even a vibe card.

Oh, those little post it looking things? I thought those were called "vibe" or something. Whatever, they're gay. Only one ETL ever writes anything.

When they take them down, they give them to tms when they give out paystubs... Or they used to. I haven't gotten one in like 2 etl cycles (all my etls changed) so I don't even know if that's still what they do..

We used to attach them to paychecks or paycheck stubs but most team members at my store have direct deposit and signed up for paperless employee. If Team Members want their card after the month is over, I will hand them to them otherwise they go in the trash.

ugh, our new etl-hr forces a 10 minute huddle just to write those recognition cards and to explain to whom and why we wrote them. it makes me feel like im in 2nd grade again. i don't mind writing the cards cause i usually do so on my own time but, if you're gonna waste 10-15 minutes on a huddle just to do that and nothing else then id rather be late. that time could be use to, i don't know? start my zone that's tore up.

ugh, our new etl-hr forces a 10 minute huddle just to write those recognition cards and to explain to whom and why we wrote them. it makes me feel like im in 2nd grade again. i don't mind writing the cards cause i usually do so on my own time but, if you're gonna waste 10-15 minutes on a huddle just to do that and nothing else then id rather be late. that time could be use to, i don't know? start my zone that's tore up.

My old one did whenever she got a sniff the hrbp was coming. A common question from her was why our vibe wall was so bare!

Oh those Great Team recognition cards back in the day. I had one store that basically used them to determine the Hero of the month who ever had the most cards. So everyone gave the cards out like candy for no real reason.

They went from
"Thank you taking that guest for me"
"Taking care of the spill"
to
"Thanks for showing up on time"
"Just cause"

I threw all mine out when TLs used to forced to write them. I don't know what else to do with them and I don't need to thanked for doing my job

They used to be worth fifty cents apiece at FA.

We don't do the cards at the DC. Any recognition is done prior to work starting during warmup.

My HRTM used to stack them all up and give them to you after they sat for a while. That was nice of them.

Ours just disappear. I think I've taken one or two, but the others disappeared before I thought to grab them. Some of them have been really nice to, so that was a bummer.

Seems like my store goes through phases of doing a lot, and then none will be added for 2wks.

I totally agree though that it's pointless and actually borderline offensive when they only write them out of obligation. Totally patronizing.

I like what one TM started in our store.

First you write the Recognition card, and give it to the TM you wrote about, after they put in on the board.

Its more personable than noticing suddenly you got recognition a month ago.

They quit, now that i think about it I might start it up again.

I like what one TM started in our store.

First you write the Recognition card, and give it to the TM you wrote about, after they put in on the board.

Its more personable than noticing suddenly you got recognition a month ago.

They quit, now that i think about it I might start it up again.

My STL actually hands you the cards. I melted like a little girl when he gave me one noticing me for helping on the floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back