Archived Recognition Cards

Recognition cards, are they mailed to you or giving to you at work?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are put on a bulletin board in TSC, half of them are thankyou notes from ETLs and the other half are snarky jokes by coworkers.
I used to be happy about them thinking they factor in my review but now I just ignore the board.

My old one did whenever she got a sniff the hrbp was coming. A common question from her was why our vibe wall was so bare!
I write tons, a common question is why mine are the only ones a week into the month. Towards the end of the month they will take mine down and write meaningless ones so it looks like the tls contributed too.

My favorite is a tm who gives you one plus an empty one with "pay it forward" on the bottom. Encourages you to write one after getting warm fuzzies for receiving one.

ugh, our new etl-hr forces a 10 minute huddle just to write those recognition cards and to explain to whom and why we wrote them. it makes me feel like im in 2nd grade again. i don't mind writing the cards cause i usually do so on my own time but, if you're gonna waste 10-15 minutes on a huddle just to do that and nothing else then id rather be late. that time could be use to, i don't know? start my zone that's tore up.
I went to a target I don't work at yesterday and passed a huddle in progress. I've never cringed so hard in my life. I've been apart of plenty of huddles but it's different when you're an outsider looking in.

Why be cringing?
Huddles are cringy in general. A bunch of TLs and ETLs going about sales and brand and shit when in reality no one at the store TM level cares and just wants to do their job and go home.

Being backroom I haven't been to a huddle in years but it's pretty cringy when doing a flex an I hear the STL going on about another shitty clothing line or something about making moments all the while a line is building at the Electronics boat because everyone is standing around kissing ass

One night we had a raffle where safety recognition cards were the entry. So, I just wrote a bunch of random non-sequiturs about me that vaguely related to safety and had other people sign them.

At the end of the night, the LOD was looking at the pile of card everyone turned in and said over the walkie "Wow! And Bryan has 12 cards! You guys are gonna have to be really safe to match that! ... Wait a minute, none of these are about safety. This one is about the movie Homeward Bound!!"

The fact that the entire statement above was said over the walkie in real time was even better.

The worst thing about huddles for me is when a guest walks by and some suck up tries to guest service them when they are trying to completely avoid us.

One night we had a raffle where safety recognition cards were the entry. So, I just wrote a bunch of random non-sequiturs about me that vaguely related to safety and had other people sign them.

At the end of the night, the LOD was looking at the pile of card everyone turned in and said over the walkie "Wow! And Bryan has 12 cards! You guys are gonna have to be really safe to match that! ... Wait a minute, none of these are about safety. This one is about the movie Homeward Bound!!"

The fact that the entire statement above was said over the walkie in real time was even better.
This is so awesome.

And, for the record, that card read "I informed Bryan that I wanted to go on the journey from Homeward Bound, but he told me those dogs (and cat!) only went about 20 miles, and there was lots of dangerous wildlife on the route! Thanks Bryan!"

Our wall is always filled with thank you cards. At the end of the month hr staples them together and you can get yours at the end of the month. We are a small store so we are always thankful for each other even if we don't get along all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back