Red card and Check card conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get about 3-4 a day during the week, 8-9 on weekends.

We tend to get 10-20 a day during the week, and anywhere from 20-30 on weekends. Most I've seen on a non holiday type day was 41 one Saturday a few months ago. It does help that we have one cashier who is pushy to the point of obnoxiousness about it, but it general the majority of our cashiers stay solidly green on conversion, so it's not just one cashier getting all the cards.

We get roughly 5-8 on a given day, a few more on weekends.

I have to ask, what's your secret? 10-20 a day is pretty awesome - I think most stores would give anything to have that! Do you guys have any incentives that your store does?

We're an A volume store, I believe. Truthfully, I don't think we do anything too over the top to help us get a lot of cards-we usually just do walkie recognition, Great Team Cards, etc. Occasionally, we'll do Hot Potato with the winner getting a gift card, or $5 gift cards when someone gets five cards a shift or something like that. I think one of the main things is that our cashiers don't wait for the prompts to start pitching the Red Card-instead they talk it up throughout the transaction. We also tend to get at least 1-2 walk up applications at Guest Service throughout the day. I wouldn't say we have any secret, we're just lucky to have a lot of cashiers who are really good. We had I think 17 last night, and were at 10 when I left after opening today.

Question (which I think I know the answer)...if a guest already HAS a Target card of any kind, will the prompt still pop up? My gut instinct says "no", but most of them decline by saying "I already have one..."

I think the only way the register knows to skip the prompt is if the guest is actually using a Red Card.

It should be posted on your GE Dashboard, with the rest of the service scores. Ask your ETL-GE or GSTL and they should be able to point it out for you.

How does one find out what their personal conversion score is?

It's been a while since I've done this, but log in to Workbench, go to Performance, DTK, should be under Guest Experience score.

Last time I did this (let alone work a shift at Target) was about 3 months ago, so I might not be remembering the steps completely...

I tired that hot potato game over the weekend and on Monday. Freakin' genius!

My cashiers loved it and got really competitive. We had a little Bullseye trophy that we would set on the current giftcard holders register. They were stealing each others guest so they could have more chances to get a RC but it helped keep traffic flowing at the front and the trash talk was secretly my favorite part. haha
We did it in rounds to give everyone a fair shot. (8am -12pm, 12pm-4pm,4-8, 8-cl) Ended my morning shift with 10RC which for our store is fantastic.

Seriously though, it really helped. Our store hasn't been doing all that great with conversion so anything that we can do to make it work helps. I think that it's something that we might play on the weekends.

My store is one of the bottom 5 in our group week after week after week. Just so I have a frame of reference, how many red cards do ya'lls stores get daily? Disregard store volume. I just want red card #'s. We get 10-15 a week.

That is dreadfully low. I work at a ULV store and a bad week for us is about 30 red cards. Generally we strive for 45-50 per week. Goal is to get ~5 on the week days and ~10 on the weekends.

To make conversion our store needs to get about 70-75, the past few weeks we've been getting around 50-60. It's sad times for conversion. :(
Though I think the goal is somewhat unrealistic. Our store was struggle to keep above the old conversion goal and now we've gone a couple months not making it at all.

We tend to get 10-20 a day during the week, and anywhere from 20-30 on weekends. Most I've seen on a non holiday type day was 41 one Saturday a few months ago. It does help that we have one cashier who is pushy to the point of obnoxiousness about it, but it general the majority of our cashiers stay solidly green on conversion, so it's not just one cashier getting all the cards.

I have to ask, what's your secret? 10-20 a day is pretty awesome - I think most stores would give anything to have that! Do you guys have any incentives that your store does?

The thing is that the mark of a good leader is not how well the area runs while they are there, but how well it runs when they leave! Incentives such as games and rewards only last as long as they are being offered! A true leader makes changes and develops the team through coachings to facilitate strong results within the store! These results, when done correctly, should be relatively permanent because of those actions!

The thing is that the mark of a good leader is not how well the area runs while they are there, but how well it runs when they leave! Incentives such as games and rewards only last as long as they are being offered! A true leader makes changes and develops the team through coachings to facilitate strong results within the store! These results, when done correctly, should be relatively permanent because of those actions!

agree 100% with this. We're going through growing pains right now but our conversion is on a slow but steady climb back into green. I love the consistency vs random great weeks here and there.

Even a "further review" counts. And it doesn't automatically mean "declined". There's just something that requires further review. If someone has moved, changed their name (married or divorced), any other change of status...that would prompt a "further review".
When that happens, I tell guests to watch for the card in the mail or a letter of explanation. If it's a letter, make sure they're basing it on correct info...that they have the right to challenge anything that's incorrect.

GTC to Tellmeaboutatime for great tips!

So if a guests applies and gets the, this app needs further review, does it count as getting a red card? Like should I tell the gstl that I got one if that happens.

Yes. Just so long as everything about the application-their ID, their check or credit card, etc., was on ( pardon the the pun ) the up and up ( I couldn't help myself ), it counts, regardless of whether or not it is instantly approved or deemed in need of further review.

So, anyone have games that their teams live to play? We need some for just day to day and week to week? I read the earlier posts, but am looking for some different options! Thanks in advance

Well, thank you i agree!! I'm just made to come up with corky games on the spot and if I dont have one thats just how I feel. Hope some others have so games they play like maybe days of the week etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back