Archived Red card apps & breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
As I understand it, we aren't supposed to push RedCards. However, of the guest initiates a discussion then it is OK.

Just follow that the prompts.
It's like the yellow brick road only the guests are going to be the flying monkeys and throw their poo at you.

Last edited:
Yep, that was as of the first of the year, or so. As of Wednesday, the prompts will be turned on again though we are supposed to only ask when prompted. (Yeah, right).

As of the new fiscal year, conversion scores will be going up. And prompts will be higher because of all of the people paying cash right now.

None of this bodes well for us at the front end.

we've been asking every guest again since last week per our STL. We're actually getting an average of 8 a day which is not good pre breach.

Your STL is crazy. With the prompts turned off, they count for nothing. And with the prompts coming back on (and likely more of them with all the people paying cash) and conversion scores going up, I would think he/she would want to save those REDCards for when they count. But whatever. I suspect that come Wednesday, things could be very interesting.

I just hope our STL isn't too demanding I remember when we pushed redcards our STL wanted x number of redcards a day ( which I can understand) however with this whole fiasco it's going to be a huge mess no one will want redcards especially in electronics ( where I am stationed) I mean it can happen but it's also very unlikely too. Don't be too demanding is all I gotta say and cut the team some slack after all the scandal is still going on..........

The problem is, the STL and ETL-GE can only cut so much slack, because their necks are on the line from those above them. Basically, it's one big corporate pressure cooker. And just because they screwed up, doesn't mean that they'll be the ones to suffer for it.

he wanted us to be prepared for when the prompts started again and our cashiers ready to handle it. We'll see what happens.

It is wayyyyyy to soon for them to be back on at our store. This is not going to go well at all.

I think I did more cash yesterday than when it was a few days after (I haven't cashiered since then), and people are way paranoid still.

Its going to be a disaster.....

Idk about other stores but we had a DTL visit & as of now we can push redcards & blitz. Also prompts are back up..don't forget to tell the guests about the one year free credit monitoring :)

I did a ton of telling the, about the monitoring today! We need something to hand out on it.

I live near a HUGE retirement community..... I just have a bad feeling about this. Very bad.

I might just not do it next shift, prompts or no prompts. It's not worth the hundreds of guests bullying me just so our GSTLs can keep their job. If the performance me out for it, oh well.

I get it I 100 percent understand we have to ask and I also understand the insane amounts of pressure the ETLs must be feeling from Spot. Spot also has to realize how insanely skittish guests and they probably have no intention of applying for a redcard. The only reason the guests are skittish is they hear Target is bad ( in their minds anyways don't charge anything) God forbid don't apply for a redcard!!!!!! I am saying it is a 50/50 chance basically....... The guests might apply for a redcard and then again they might not........ Conversion could be good....... Conversion could be bad...........Let's just hope for the best!

I used to get red cards in the pharmacy, but as a pharmacy tech I'm lucky to get people to sign up for Rx rewards. They just do not want anything to do with anything that asks them to put in their personal info. The 5% off is not worth it to them they tell me. So our "scores" in the pharmacy will suffer also. Can't win!!!!

I used to get red cards in the pharmacy, but as a pharmacy tech I'm lucky to get people to sign up for Rx rewards. They just do not want anything to do with anything that asks them to put in their personal info. The 5% off is not worth it to them they tell me. So our "scores" in the pharmacy will suffer also. Can't win!!!!
I was having better luck with RXrewards than red cards....

But neither was/is going well.

And mobile? HA. You try to convince retired people to sign up for that.....

Definitely too soon at my store. I was closing GSA 330-11. They had 8 before I got there, and we got 1 during my shift. Cashiers were very hesitant to ask guests, but they did at my insistence. Many just said no thanks, but we have had many many issues with the cards and guest information. Cashiers have had to call me over because guests refuse to allow their DOB to be entered into the system for Nyquil or alcohol. They actually say "you can see my ID, but you're not getting my DOB" - then the guests hands me their ID. Do they think I'm not just going to look at the DOB?

I just tell the cashier to enter a DOB of someone at least 40 years old and call it a day. These people are flipping crazy.

OMG, i thought I was the only one on the DOB thing!!!

Yesterday I asked for it and the lady said NO... then said she never gives it outloud. She did it when she realized she wasn't getting her wine without it. LOL!

But even in the pharmacy they were having issues giving it to me to release their prescriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back