Archived red card conversion rates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do also tell guests if they don't want to give out their phone number to people that there are lots of apps where you can get a disguised number.. Not that they will be able to set it up quickly for that transaction, but they can have a "giveaway" number for future use. That's what I use for a small business I run and use it whenever I have to give my number out.

Lie? HA HA HA. Our ETL's would have you lie, beg, borrow, steal, and throw your mother under the bus if it means you are going to get a redcard.

If someone is watching their credit, then they should be a bit more astute on what or what not they should open. No one is punching their information in but them.
When your card gets cancelled for non use (not just at target, but anywhere), it could drop your score more then it does to open a card depending on past use and other credit cards you have.. go figure. I believe when you open a card it only lowers your score by 2 points. People think opening a credit card sends red flags on your credit report. It doesn't unless you have questionable credit. If you have good credit and pay your bills on time, then opening up a target card isn't going to affect your credit. The problem is, many people do not have good credit, abuse their cards and that is what stores, including Target rely on. Stores hate me. I use my card to get discounts then pay it off in full within the month.
That's how it feels at time but I don't care if the ETLs end up telling us to lie, or whatever we can do to get them to open the RC I will NOT lie to a guest. They can fire me for all I care, I'm going to bed with a clear conscience! :)

Last edited:
When guests react and ask about providing a number I tell them (and this is true) that I have only received one call....and it was a computerized call that said that "a card has been activated in your name for Target. If you did not apply for a card, call .."....then the number was given.
Then guests seem to be OK giving their numbers.
Sometimes guests say that they won't do a survey because if they do then Target will be contacting them all the time. I encourage the guest by telling them that the survey doesn't ask for any personal information except for a phone number. The number would be used to call them if they win the monthly drawing.

I know that TMs are not eligible and cannot win a survey. However, I wanted to know what the survey was like so I could tell guests what to expect....and the only personal info was a phone number. When it came down to the part of asking for the number, I gave the number of a local charity....then if the survey was a winner at least the money would go to a good cause.

I wonder what is up with surveys at our store, I've never been told to push them nor heard anyone tell someone about them. Huh...

I've not had anyone balk at giving a phone number either - I must live in a strange area! Lol!

But I'm not lying to the guest to get a red card. Not going to happen.

Yeah, if you have to lie, then that's up to you and your conscience.

I've had guests react badly to it asking for a phone number. All I tell them is that they need to put in the correct information, and sign for it being correct. If they put one number in incorrectly, I have no way of knowing that, and we never had this conversation. What they do after that is on them...I don't question it but still get credit for the conversion, so that's all that matters.

I always tell the guest that how can Target contact you if something happens in terms of fraud? How can they call you to verify a purchase, if you aren't the one making it? This works every time..... "Ohhhh that's true..."

They are going to adjust the numbers this month so only 3.5 and above well be green.

Apparently today (Saturday) there is a company wide push for an unGodly number of REDcards. Those of us at ULV stores are being asked to get numbers that are only possible for us on Black Friday (if at all). Nothing like being set up to fail before even starting for the day. Not sure what corporate is trying to accomplish, but if making us all miserable is part of it, they're doing quite well.

Apparently today (Saturday) there is a company wide push for an unGodly number of REDcards. Those of us at ULV stores are being asked to get numbers that are only possible for us on Black Friday (if at all). Nothing like being set up to fail before even starting for the day. Not sure what corporate is trying to accomplish, but if making us all miserable is part of it, they're doing quite well.

If Corporate wants us to accomplish goals like this, then they need to come up with some extra sign-up incentives. Like, today only! Sign up for our Red Card and get 20% off your purchase! Or, hand out some kind of promotional coupon or a free gift card or something. Target loves to hand out free gift cards for buying shampoo and cat litter ... will a free $5 gift card for a red card sign up really hurt them that much?

Guests are already over saturated with Red Card talk. I almost never get a guest who is not familiar with the Red Card. There's only so many ways you can spin the Red Card, and if someone has already decided "no," then that's that. Unless there's something extra special to mix things up, then these people are not going to change their minds.

Ugh.

Tax free weekend here too... I've already been dreading this weekend, and now today is really gunna suck.

,aye they will at least have food in the break room.

If Corporate wants us to accomplish goals like this, then they need to come up with some extra sign-up incentives. Like, today only! Sign up for our Red Card and get 20% off your purchase! QUOTE]

Extra incentives would be great - but a "Today Only!" offer would juice conversion for one day, then kill conversion as people wait for the next "Today Only!" offer.

Sounds like the new expectation is 3.5% conversion. I've only been back with Target for a few weeks, what was it previously?

I didn't want to make a new topic, but can a guest or TM get the credit Redcard if they already have the Target Visa? At one time if you got the Target Visa it closed your normal Red Card. The store is doing a Redcard competition and I would sign up to get the redcard but only if it would not affect my Visa. I already have the debit card. So in the end I'd have all 3.

^This was back in the day that you could 'upgrade' your red card to a Visa in order to get a card you could use ANY where in order to earn points.
Don't think the reverse is true but I could be wrong.

We had the unrealistic redcard push about two weekends ago. We were supposed to get 60 from Friday to Sunday. It didn't happen at all. I don't know who up at corporate comes up with these stupid ideas but it needs to stop.

We have such a high redcard usage that every other guest has one, and everyone else has made up their minds already whether they want one or not. We have started writing up team members who don't ask every single guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back