Archived red card conversion rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
At my store they are saying that the conversion rate for RCs is supposed to go to 5% by November?? REALLY?

At a 5% rate, that means having to get 3 cards a shift. I'm just returning from LOA so I'm hoping to bribe regular guests into getting a RC....why not? I can tell them that they haven't seen me for over 6 weeks....so to show their happiness at seeing me again....Why not get a Red Card!

Also, what is the red card penetration rate that Spot expects? I realize that the answer is 100%, but what is a real expectation? My store is close to 25%.....how do we compare?

Conversion is going up to 3.5 in August, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them shove that further...it'll be a great way to cut raises at all levels when stores and districts can't meet it. Ahh, if only I cared right now...

I know our penetration rate is running just above 25% right now.

We'll make the conversion rate if they stop the prompts!
Nice to see another store at the 25% penetration rate.
One problem w/ the penetration rate...while 1 in every 4 uses a redcard.....there are a ton of people who say that they already have a redcard. Too bad there's no way to track those people!
It seems as though the penetration rate is 25%....
Redcard "users" who have a card and don't use it is probably 25%, too.
So.....we'd be at a 50% penetration rate.........so why can't Spot figure out how to count these people....or get them back to using their card???

Our red card penetration rate at my store is roughly 28% right now. Last year pre-data breach we were clipping along at roughly 4% conversion since then we struggle to hit 2%. The whole company is delusional if they think consumers want red cards after the breach.

We'll make the conversion rate if they stop the prompts!
Nice to see another store at the 25% penetration rate.
One problem w/ the penetration rate...while 1 in every 4 uses a redcard.....there are a ton of people who say that they already have a redcard. Too bad there's no way to track those people!
It seems as though the penetration rate is 25%....
Redcard "users" who have a card and don't use it is probably 25%, too.
So.....we'd be at a 50% penetration rate.........so why can't Spot figure out how to count these people....or get them back to using their card???

I am sure some of these people are lying to us when they say they have one just to get us to shut up. But I know others do, and just aren't using it for whatever reason...because I see it in their wallets when they open them.

Then there's the awkward moment of asking them if they have a REDcard, they pull it out to use it, and it gets declined, for which you are supposed to know why and fix it. Those don't get counted in the penetration rate either, I'm sure.

Then there's the awkward moment of asking them if they have a REDcard, they pull it out to use it, and it gets declined, for which you are supposed to know why and fix it. Those don't get counted in the penetration rate either, I'm sure.
The majority of these folk will tell me that they 'haven't used their red card in forever'. At that point, I'd tell them that the acct has likely been closed due to lack of use & ask if they'd like to reapply to get back to saving their 5%. If I were on the checklanes, it usually worked but not at FA/SB tho.

I think that we have only been green one or two weeks since the breach. We are usually not even hitting 1.5% conversion at my store. If they up the expectation to 5% or even 3.5% I am going to be tempted to ask them what new amazing benefits they have added to the REDcard that makes them possibly think that these numbers are achievable.

our penetration is at 34% and our goal has been uped to 3.5 as of last week. Since May we have been on a steady uphill with it getting better each week. Last week we ended at a 3.67 and this week we have been above a 5% both Sunday and Monday.

our penetration is at 34% and our goal has been uped to 3.5 as of last week. Since May we have been on a steady uphill with it getting better each week. Last week we ended at a 3.67 and this week we have been above a 5% both Sunday and Monday.

How many prompts per week do you get on average?

average i'd say is around 1,000 per week.

I'm jealous. We probably have between 1700 and 1800 prompts each week. It feels impossible to make conversion with that many prompts. And then we are compared to another store in the district that gets the same amount of REDcards we do but they are flying high at 4% conversion because they don't get as many prompts. Very frustrating.

God, prompts are going to be the death of all of us... Our best cashiers who get the most REDcards are STILL red for conversion because they just take SO many prompts every day. Our top performing cashiers are getting red scores, while they're the only ones besides us GSA/TL's opening target cards. They're pushing us to have conversations with all of these cashiers who make our numbers look bad, but they're also the only ones who ACTUALLY get red cards. It's ridiculous

God, prompts are going to be the death of all of us... Our best cashiers who get the most REDcards are STILL red for conversion because they just take SO many prompts every day. Our top performing cashiers are getting red scores, while they're the only ones besides us GSA/TL's opening target cards. They're pushing us to have conversations with all of these cashiers who make our numbers look bad, but they're also the only ones who ACTUALLY get red cards. It's ridiculous

I know my cashier with the most prompts last year would have needed over 500 red cards to be green.

I've had quite a few guests lately pay by combo of debit/credit and cash. Of course they always hand me the cash first. I've taken to figuring out the remaining amount in my head and punching that in and hitting the credit button and making them run the card before I put in the cash, so I can keep out a couple of prompts. It annoys a lot of the guests when I insist on doing it this way, but I have to do what I can to keep these prompts down!

The majority of these folk will tell me that they 'haven't used their red card in forever'. At that point, I'd tell them that the acct has likely been closed due to lack of use & ask if they'd like to reapply to get back to saving their 5%. If I were on the checklanes, it usually worked but not at FA/SB tho.

Yep, I try that, too....telling them that there card has probably been closed....so open a new card!!

Our store hasn't been below 6.5% conversion in months and I don't know how the front end does it. It's partially the area we are located in as well. It's ridiculous.

I've had quite a few guests lately pay by combo of debit/credit and cash. Of course they always hand me the cash first. I've taken to figuring out the remaining amount in my head and punching that in and hitting the credit button and making them run the card before I put in the cash, so I can keep out a couple of prompts. It annoys a lot of the guests when I insist on doing it this way, but I have to do what I can to keep these prompts down!

Wait, once the guest runs the credit card, the register would have the payment all on the card.....how can you ring in cash after the credit card?

Wait, once the guest runs the credit card, the register would have the payment all on the card.....how can you ring in cash after the credit card?

Simply select an amount to put on the card! Total is 20. K3(credit). Enter 15 to be charged. Guest swipes leaving 5 as the difference. Enter K1(cash). 5 dollars and transaction is over.

Oh....I see.....I hadn't thought the whole process out. Thanks!
Also, you need to be sure that the guest doesn't swipe too quickly!

Today the guest I was asking about a RC started telling me about the bogus charges on her card when we got hacked & the guest behind her joined in and started talking about how her card was hacked. Two in a row? Come on! While I was ringing up the woman behind those two (yep, she heard every word) crickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back