Archived Red Card errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
At our store we seem to be having issues with guests applying for Red Cards.....the guest will complete the application process and the the screen comes up with something like: card communications error....give guest $3.00 of their purchase...ask them to apply again.

Anyone else getting this type of message?

I've been getting this message often enough that I told my GSTL that I'm almost afraid to try to process any Red Cards.

Last week I had a guest (a really regular guest) who had finally decided to apply for a RC....she came to Guest Svcs to apply and I got that stupid error message. Since she hadn't purchased anything yet, I gave her a $5.00 gift card. About a week later when I saw this same guest I asked if she'd reapplied for a RC. She said that she hadn't....but that she HAD received her new RC in the mail.

So I'm wondering what is going on....any thoughts?

there was an email sent out awhile ago that your GSTL's should have shared with the team. They are having problems with processing the red cards but even when it says there was an error the card was actually processed. You're to go ahead and give the 3 dollar coupon and let the guest know that they will be receiving information in the mail in 7-10 business days.

we noticed that it happened with certain agreements, I instructed my team to throw away the agreements that had the error message come up and I think we have gotten rid of them all it only took about a week to cycle through them, but we are getting new ones on a couple weeks anyway.

Redandkhaki and GSTLalways-

Thanks for your information!

It's not saying you were denied, but there is a system error. The guest will receive a decision in the mail within 7-10 days. It's the same as seeing the "Application requires further review" screen.

When I applied for my Check Card I got that message but in 5 days I received my card in the mail.

Just make sure you don't process the app twice as it does go through. You just aren't able to use the card regardless if you're pre-approved or declined.

When I applied for my Check Card I got that message but in 5 days I received my card in the mail.

Just make sure you don't process the app twice as it does go through. You just aren't able to use the card regardless if you're pre-approved or declined.

But it will count as two redcard apps for your store :pardon:

At our store we seem to be having issues with guests applying for Red Cards.....the guest will complete the application process and the the screen comes up with something like: card communications error....give guest $3.00 of their purchase...ask them to apply again.

Anyone else getting this type of message?

I've been getting this message often enough that I told my GSTL that I'm almost afraid to try to process any Red Cards.

Last week I had a guest (a really regular guest) who had finally decided to apply for a RC....she came to Guest Svcs to apply and I got that stupid error message. Since she hadn't purchased anything yet, I gave her a $5.00 gift card. About a week later when I saw this same guest I asked if she'd reapplied for a RC. She said that she hadn't....but that she HAD received her new RC in the mail.

So I'm wondering what is going on....any thoughts?

I called CSC on the issue once to see what the cause was... They told me if that specific error pops up it is because the program that actually sets up the temporary cards is down! The entire application is processes and put into a list to make a real card and mail out, but apparently the temporary card step is handled by a separate program and if it happens to be down when the guest is applying, it causes the error message :) Do what the screen directs and tell the guests that they should receive their card, the application that gives us instant cards just is down at the moment :)

Even if the RedCard application program is down, the guest will get a RedCard in the mail? How can we know if they're going to be approved or not if the system is down?

sometimes us who regularly work just cashier do not hear ANY news. We, service desk, food avenue, cart attendants and some of the fittingroom/operators are ALWAYS the last to know ANYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back