red card

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are using your debit card I don't think that a debit would even go on it if you didn't have the money in your bank account.

Paying off a debit card? I don't understand your question......for a debit card isn't something to pay-off.

Now, if you use your debit card and before the card clears and you end up being short in your checking account then the fees you will have to pay would be to YOUR own bank.

that is what happened and i got the items returned and the got overdraft charges. I have paid target off but hr told me i can be terminated? is this true im in california

In returning your items then the money you got back would go back into your checking account.

I do remember reading something about TMs and how they use their cards....I'm thinking that it has to do with being behind on making payments on the Target charge card.

When you go to work next time go and get the brochure that is given out when someone gets a Redcard.....reading in this brochure you should be able to find the answer.

Another way to get the answer...go back to your HR and have your HR actually SHOW you where the information is listed that explains how Redcards and termination work,

they said target debit gave info to headquarters and they transferred it to the store. it just seems odd to be able to fire a worker for getting overdraft charges on a debit card, because i paid target and owe nothing anymore, to me seems like wrongful termination if they did not give us any info about what can happen.

gomez,

Don't panic about your Redcard issues. I'm sure that you'll be OK for the time being. I would guess that you'd have to REALLY have to have some serious issues with the Redcard before you'd be terminated.

Also, if you have a debit card, any money issues would be with your bank, not Target.

Best thing to do....talk to HR and have them SHOW you where the information is about being terminated.

thanks, that is what i thought. i mean 35 fee and the amount that didnt clear, was a pretty big sum but paid it off in 2 1/2 weeks.

I does seem kind of odd that this issue can go from your bank to Target and then to your store.

Somehow I'd think there is a violation of privacy....sharing this info. Unless, it says something in the Redcard app that tells you that this can happen.

The debit card is not a debit card so much as it is a check card. When you make a purchase using it, it takes a couple of days to clear, just like a check. If Target tries to get their money (like they would a regular check) and the money isn't there, boom, overdraft. So, no, the money issues are with Target for wanting their money for the original purchase and the overdraft fee and with your bank for the overdraft from them as well.

When I had no money in my account, I would use my RedCard to buy my essentials at Target because it would go through no matter how negative my account was. Of course I racked up overdraft charges for every time I swiped it and didn't have the funds, but it always got paid back when my check hit my account.

Nobody ever said anything to me about it, but I would never have been surprised if they did. I don't really know what the policy on that is but I've never heard of anyone being termed over it. I have heard of people being talked to (not at my store, but elsewhere) for failing to pay the balance on their Target credit card, but never heard of anything about overdrafting with the debit. Like @pellinore said, have your HR show you where that information is written. I'm kind of curious to know how they get that kind of info as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back