Archived Red Cards & Surveys

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just started working at Target, I've worked 2 training days and 2 days on my own... I seem to be catching on for the most part, the only thing today the manager asked if I had gotten any red cards or done any surveys - thing is, I wasn't trained on how to do them. Whenever I get a pop up on the screen that asks if the person wants a Redcard they usually all say no or most of them already have them. My problem is, when someone ends up getting one, HOW does it work? I'm completely lost. I don't even know much on how to describe it to them and to tell them what they need to get a card. Also, surveys... wasn't trained on that also.. what are they exactly and how do I bring them up to customers? ahhh. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

So I just started working at Target, I've worked 2 training days and 2 days on my own... I seem to be catching on for the most part, the only thing today the manager asked if I had gotten any red cards or done any surveys - thing is, I wasn't trained on how to do them. Whenever I get a pop up on the screen that asks if the person wants a Redcard they usually all say no or most of them already have them. My problem is, when someone ends up getting one, HOW does it work? I'm completely lost. I don't even know much on how to describe it to them and to tell them what they need to get a card. Also, surveys... wasn't trained on that also.. what are they exactly and how do I bring them up to customers? ahhh. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Check out my rant topic about red cards http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/2009-People-of-the-Front-End-lend-me-your-ears.

Rock Lobster explains a few things about it for conversion rates. But as far as red cards go. There should be like pamphlets in your register drawer. You scan it , ask the guest for his or her I.D then input/type the information on the screen Name,address, ect. If they want to do they debit card they need a check that will be voided out. If they want a credit card they just need to input all there information onto the card reader touch screen.Explain to the guest that they will save 5% on all transactions except things like gift cards. (But they will save money on things on amazon , buffalo wild wings cards. Tell them they can get cashback up to 40$ a day and 1% of there red card purchase will go to a school of they're choice.

About Survey's at the end of the transaction some extra text with like a I.D code and password may print giving the guest a chance to win a 1000$ or 5000$? Gift card.(Just forgot the exact amount) You should be telling the guest they are eligible to win if they fill out the survey.

Last edited:
There is should be a trainer assigned to you & a learning plan to help you with questions.
Welcome!

Talk to your GSTL/GSA next time you work! They'll be more than happy to go over it with you.

Check out my rant topic about red cards http://www.thebreakroom.org/showthread.php/2009-People-of-the-Front-End-lend-me-your-ears.

Rock Lobster explains a few things about it for conversion rates. But as far as red cards go. There should be like pamphlets in your register drawer. You scan it , ask the guest for his or her I.D then input/type the information on the screen Name,address, ect. If they want to do they debit card they need a check that will be voided out. If they want a credit card they just need to input all there information onto the card reader touch screen.Explain to the guest that they will save 5% on all transactions except things like gift cards. (But they will save money on things on amazon , buffalo wild wings cards. Tell them they can get cashback up to 40$ a day and 1% of there red card purchase will go to a school of they're choice.

About Survey's at the end of the transaction some extra text with like a I.D code and password may print giving the guest a chance to win a 1000$ or 5000$? Gift card.(Just forgot the exact amount) You should be telling the guest they are eligible to win if they fill out the survey.

Thank you very much, very informative & helpful! =] Also, if a guest wants to fill out a survey do they do it in store or online?

Thank you very much, very informative & helpful! =] Also, if a guest wants to fill out a survey do they do it in store or online?

ASK QUESTIONS, especially if you don't understand something or wasn't told how to do something. dont be afraid how they will react when you ask them, no question is stupid. just be sure to not make your own decisions when you don't know what to do, ASK QUESTIONS. when i got trained for backroom, i didn't know S***, but i asked the most stupidest questions with the obvious answers, now I'm a backroom champion!

We had a savvy GSA who, during cashier training, would have trainees process apps for TMs who were applying (usually new TMs).

Have to laugh about the surveys, tho. Our ETLs were hammering the GSTLs & cashiers to get more surveys "at any cost"! One week we got a lot & the majority of them were complaints about being badgered to open a red card/fill out a survey. Only 2 said things were "ok".

We had a savvy GSA who, during cashier training, would have trainees process apps for TMs who were applying (usually new TMs).

Have to laugh about the surveys, tho. Our ETLs were hammering the GSTLs & cashiers to get more surveys "at any cost"! One week we got a lot & the majority of them were complaints about being badgered to open a red card/fill out a survey. Only 2 said things were "ok".

Wait, Someone filled out a survey to complain about taking a survey:wacko:

At my store some team member was grabbing those survey recipts from food avenue and doing them. For a couple of weeks we had amazing survey scores I was told...

Wait, Someone filled out a survey to complain about taking a survey:wacko:

At my store some team member was grabbing those survey recipts from food avenue and doing them. For a couple of weeks we had amazing survey scores I was told...

I know....lol
Re: TMs doing surveys - a GSTL got termed at our store for doing that.

I know....lol
Re: TMs doing surveys - a GSTL got termed at our store for doing that.

Only reason she got caught is I mentioned it to a LOD, and she become very curious as well. I think the girl got a final warning but she's still at our store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back