Red cards

How big of a deal are red cards at your store? Does the front end lead put a lot of pressure on you, to talk to every one about red cards prior to starting a cashier shift? The front end lead of our store straight told me how we all suck and they gonna start the red card rant again... everyone has it duh

everyone does not “have it”, otherwise redcard sales % would be significantly higher

only 14-15% of the guests at my store use redcard

My store's area had a large percentage of redcard users, but we still push them. Really, the minimum you need to say is "will you be saving 5% with your target redcard today?" That's it. It isn't hard at all. I don't know why so many cashiers are reluctant to say that. My store still gets 10-20 redcards per week.

We've been doing poorly on these, but it hasn't been a high priority. Now that we've met some other goals and management is really happy with front of store, we need to bear down on the red cards. So far, not a peep of disappointment from district, but I expect that won't last much longer if we keep missing our goal.

My store's area had a large percentage of redcard users, but we still push them. Really, the minimum you need to say is "will you be saving 5% with your target redcard today?" That's it. It isn't hard at all. I don't know why so many cashiers are reluctant to say that. My store still gets 10-20 redcards per week.
Every guest has it already. It's super redundant. And irritating especially when no one can hear you . I end up annoying the hell out of the guest just trying to communicate to them about bags ....let alone trying to upsell a card the guest already has....they look at me like I'm stupid

Many guests have both debit and credit red cards ....it's time for SOMETHING NEW! DUH

everyone does not “have it”, otherwise redcard sales % would be significantly higher

only 14-15% of the guests at my store use redcard
Well that's crazy because I scan phone after phone of guests using wallet to pay contactless

I used to get hundreds of guests to sign up....I have hella clout at our store. Red card is old news .

is it that hard to ask if the guest is “familiar” with it before you start promoting it? i find that’s a good way to tell who already has it or who doesn’t but wouldn’t be interested and who would actually wanna hear about it.

Back