Archived Red phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious... I recently transferred to a new store & my first shift in the FR I was informed that FR is responsible for ALL calls - including in store guest assistance - no one transfers the call or picks up the red phone to answer for each dept. Is this normal practice? I feel like it is very overwhelming for one person to be answering all guest questions and trying to do the normal tasks in the fitting room! Not to mention that it is very bad for guest experience. Thoughts...??

our operator calls out the calls over the walkie and who ever is available answers.. we have some cordless phones but can use the red phones too although most people dont like using the red phones. im probably one of the only people who do use it lol

Thats what I am used to - the fitting room calls over the walkie & then whoever is in the area will answer. No, here the fitting room is on the phone, looking up on the pda ("IF" they can even manage to multi-task) to see if we have the item, and is usually on the phone (sometimes 2 or 3 + calls at a time!) No one is transferred, no one in any other part of the store is in communication.. It is so frustrating!

OP, I have seen this in action occasionally at my High Vol Super Target, usually its a good idea to find out what the guest needs, and item searching if you can.

I know its a lot more common at lower volume stores, I was at a B volume store and we did that sometime, but the Operator would also transfer calls a lot.

A lot of questions the operator can answer (honestly during the PS4/Xbox one launches, I wish they would have just said WE'RE OUT!! instead of transferring them to me...), and you can use Item Search. However that is frustrating if your store won't let you transfer ANY calls that you might not be able to take care of, that's poor guest service IMO since the guest is getting screwed.

No they dont transfer ANY calls! Even to LOD or GSTL. And I was informed that most TM dont KNOW HOW to answer a call on the red phone! Also when a guest is IN the store and picks up a red phone-- the person in that aisle is not the one to help them- it goes to the fitting room! What?! Sorry for venting... I was just wondering if I missed something or if I just got "spoiled" by my last store by having a great team! Thankfully I am a good multi tasker & I also know my pda very well! But I def think it is doing a disservice to guests and in turn makes us look incompetent!

Uhh so if someone calls in to talk to the LOD what do you do? Do you take messages? Lol.

BRB Calling in sick to the operator.

Yes. Basically if we can't answer the question then it isnt important enough to anyone else.

I will say for big releases like Xbox/PS4 we will tell the operator when they come in what we have or don't have so they don't have to transfer calls. Cuts some of the volume for them and us.

So, if a guest calls wanting to know if you have a certain item, and they don't have a DPCI, you have to go find the item in the store and then put it on hold for them? And even if they do have a DPCI, you are still the one who has to go verify you actually have the item?

So when a guest has a complaint and wants to speak to the manager, the answer is no? When I call off, and I need to speak to the LOD, the answer is no? When a vendor calls and wants to speak to receiving, the answer is no? When another store's ap calls to give my ap a heads up about some funny activity, or when the PD calls to follow up with an incident, the answer is no?

This is all beyond my comprehension.

Your red phones actually dial the operator? I think ours just made the indyme lady start squawking, just like the buttons.

Yes...if you pick up the phone and wait, it will call the operator. Then you have to hit "zero" to talk to the guest. But most of the people at my store who answer the phone just hang up when they hear it and call out over the Walkie that someone needs to go over to that phone to help the guest.

Hmm, no phones transferred to Guest Service/GSTL, that sounds lovely. Unless of course that means the operator asks me to go to 4 and asks me questions and then relays the info the the guest, in that case just transfer me the fucking call, I'd rather not speak through a middleman.

Your red phones actually dial the operator? I think ours just made the indyme lady start squawking, just like the buttons.

I think you have to press a certain button to activate the indyme for guest assistance, otherwise the call goes to the operator. (I usually dial #2280 as soon as the voice starts talking, so I'm not 100% certain.)

From the comments I am glad to know this is not how most stores operate & that its not just me that this doesnt make sense to! Maybe I will be more vocal in prompting a change in my store in the NEAR future!

How do you answer calls from the red phones anyway since you cant at my store?

If you are on the 22 system, pick up the phone. Wait for the lady to start talking dial # and then 2280 or whatever number you are told to dial.

Hmm it doesnt work im in hardlines right now for hours and tried it and supposedly they stop working when we got the new phone system installed from what etl ap just told me. That sucks i hate having to always go to electronics or gs to pick up the phone i know our checklanes havent work since last black friday

Weird, our checklane phones work just fine. I use them to answer guest service calls occasionally if I am on a lane and have no guests and the person at the service desk is busy when the operator calls out that their's a call for guest service.

Not weird when we dont have a sft and random sfts come in to fix things that are really important for the past 3 months since he quit. I guess the checklane phones are not important enough

I acquired an iPad for our FR months ago so I could do quicker searches on target.com. These days it sits in the cabinet, mostly unused. I even told the softlines TLs that they can check their email and redwire on it..

How did you do that?? I think all FR need that

I acquired an iPad for our FR months ago so I could do quicker searches on target.com. These days it sits in the cabinet, mostly unused. I even told the softlines TLs that they can check their email and redwire on it..

How did you do that?? I think all FR need that

I got the old one from Guest Service after they got the mini for MyGO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back