Archived Red shirt, but how red?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoWork

Probably a Sociopath
Do you wear red or maroon? Plad? Stripes? Faded red?

We have a new guy on flow. Always wearing a red tee with a massive photo of Bob Marley on it. A backroom guy wears a Chicago Bulls shirt. Some TL's get creative and wear a long white button up with a red vest.

Is there a policy that prevent team members from advertising brands, like Polo, Nautica, or CK?

honestly i would suggest not wearing any kind of shirt with a logo bigger than a fist. anything bigger than that looks unprofessional and not very brand. of course it also depends on what you do and how many guests you see. if you're overnight, it's whatever. I've seen overnight wear practically anything they wish as long as it follows procedures. if you're day time, I would suggest the color of the shirt match the color of the Target logo. Depending on your store though, you can usually wear any shade of red.

I wear a button up red shirt from Target or sometimes a red polo with a small little logo on the chest.

Any shade of red, burgundy or burnt orange seems to work at my store.

I've worn everything except plaid. But I've seen plaid on some leaders.

At our store some people went as far as to wear purple claiming it was on the "red spectrum" so it all depends on your store. Ours were kind of "meh" about it but some people take that red shirt shit seriously.

Wear pink
Specificly not allowed per handbook. Any shade of red but pink.

I've seen plaid sweater vests (glad that TL is gone, they were one size too small as well), maroon, red, tomato orangey-red, etc. I try to buy most of my shirts from spot that way I can illustrate that even though its a different shade it is "red" on the color description. And the shades in the same design change subtly from year to year. When I started the gathered v-neck were darker, they are more bright red now.

We also have alot of people wear whatever color shirt or tank top with a red shrug or cardigan over it....they should be glad I'm not a TL who could coach for it. A couple were club worthy tanks but not appropriate for work with only a shrug over them.

When I started I was told plain red with no design and if it had a logo it had to be small enough to be covered by your name tag. We have all new leaders now who don't seem to care but I foresee a backlash soon as its starting to get out of hand. Some flow team members don't even look like they are working with their spiderman shirts.

We also have alot of people wear whatever color shirt or tank top with a red shrug or cardigan over it....they should be glad I'm not a TL who could coach for it. A couple were club worthy tanks but not appropriate for work with only a shrug over them.
I can't speak for the "club worthy tank," but a tank or shirt with a shrug or cardigan over it is 100% allowed, as are vests. We had a SrTL who tried to coach a couple of us on wearing vests/cardigans with shirts under them. We looked up the dress code and I believe all it said was "solid color" for the shirt underneath...

If you have to question if something is appropriate for Target than it probably isn't. in the cooler months I wear very nice dress shirts of any shade with my Red vest. :)

it really depends on the etl/stl. bullseye shop has some "plaid" ish designs. if it wasn't red, you needed a vest. no one else gave a shit to so after that etl left, we went back to eh close enough.

I can't speak for the "club worthy tank," but a tank or shirt with a shrug or cardigan over it is 100% allowed, as are vests. We had a SrTL who tried to coach a couple of us on wearing vests/cardigans with shirts under them. We looked up the dress code and I believe all it said was "solid color" for the shirt underneath...
Solid color with sequined thick neckline...like blinding sequined. Cause a shrug just covers your back and your arms.

Aww where's the fun in that? :(

Our store as long as u throw on a red vest it doesnt matter :/ though if you are on an etl or tl bad side they will rip you apart for anything other than cherry red

LOL @ "rip you apart."

I'd like to see them try.

Solid color with sequined thick neckline...like blinding sequined. Cause a shrug just covers your back and your arms.
I know what a shrug is, but as long as the tank isn't overly revealing (meaning your goodies aren't hanging out), it's still okay. Our ETL-HR has basically worn a wife-beater with one of those draped open cardigans.

I've got really red shirts for short days and faded v-necks for long. Hoping to get a red hoodie or long sleeve before winter rolls up lest I freeze. We've got one guy on our team whos shirt barely classifies. It's mostly grey

My favorite though is the guy who wears a maroon sweatervest and has a red tie in electronics. Like dude, your working target electronics in a podunk store. Might be overdressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back