Archived RedCards are REAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullseyekindaguy

Former logistics/guest experience intern!
So have any stores received this rollout?

Once again, Target has determined that people don't know how to do their jobs and need to make processes more complicated then they need... This time it is with RedCards.

Redcards are REAL

R-Recongize current cardholders and remind them of benefits
E- Educate non-cardholders
A- Ask for an application
L-(Forgot)

Basically, the cashiers are now expected to ask EVERY guest, whether prompted or not, to ask about the RedCards. All applications are now equally weighted... Although I'm still not sure if converison is still based on prompts or total transactions. The only departments not expected to ask is RX, Food Ave, Starbucks.

If the guest has a RedCard, the cashier is recognize the guest for being a card holder and to remind them of the benefits of being a cardholder. If not, the cashier is to educate the guest on the benefits, then ask for an application. If the answer is no, the cashier is then to "educate" the guest on cartwheel, Target mobile, etc.

Applications are to be asked from everyone... because it's the "law" under the Fair Credit act or some BS. Cashiers have been threatened that if they don't ask EVERY guest they will be coached for "breaking the law."

The rollout guide is laughible.. "To bring joy to the frontend"... What is "joyful" about RedCards? And RedCards are "REAL?" Wait, I thought they were fake...

My cashiers routinely ask each for RedCards... But now the etl-ge (who is transferring) is requiring them to follow the canned script in the guide or they risk getting 'coached.'

SO glad I'm leaving in a few days...

we've been doing this for two years now.
The other gstl flipped out today when she got this email and i have no idea why. This is nothing new.

we've been doing this for two years now.
The other gstl flipped out today when she got this email and i have no idea why. This is nothing new.

I know asking every guest isn't new, it's SOP in our district... But the STL and ETL's are thinking it's something new.

And they expecting all cashiers to follow the canned script in the rollout guide. They wanted me to have a discussion with one of my cashiers, who is a top conversion performer, because she didn't follow it exactly... Now the cashiers sound like freaking robots.

And I think threatening cashiers with coachings based on the "law" is slightly ridiculous. If a kid is obviously under 18 and is just buying a pack of Poke Mon cards, I'm not going to ask about RedCards.

Just heard about this today. It was such a rough day that it was just a tiny blip on the screen.

This sounds like it should be fun. **sarcasm font download needed**
I'm not surprised though they are desperate to make up for the losses that came with the breech.
This hardly seems to be the solution.
It's just more of the same dreck with some buzzwords applied.
Sad that they couldn't find someone who could come up with something that has actual value.

gE46pTN.gif

Oh, more garbage I'll not be participating in. Give it a month and it will be forgotten.

The email I read made it sound like we're only supposed to ask "Are you saving 5% with one of our REDcards?"

If guests have any questions about the benefits or terms we are supposed to give them a brochure. The email read like we aren't supposed to say anything more about them. Maybe because some stores have been straight up lying about them.

The email I read made it sound like we're only supposed to ask "Are you saving 5% with one of our REDcards?"

If guests have any questions about the benefits or terms we are supposed to give them a brochure. The email read like we aren't supposed to say anything more about them. Maybe because some stores have been straight up lying about them.

The e-mail I received had speaking points that cashiers are supposed to say, including the brochure and benefits. But it appeared that it was more of a guided conversation type deal.

Of course, I could be wrong and our leaders are just taking this too literally and too seriously and just trying to look good to district.

During our visit today, DTL said that due to low traffic we should be aiming for 5% conversion. FIVE PERCENT? We can't even hit 2.5 consistently.

You know, because when you have low traffic that means your cashier has more time to spend with each guest he/she checks out. Obviously.

This is why I don't go up for back-up.

Also as I read this, I realized my avatar was never more appropriate.

lol considering we usually only have one cashier with near non-stop backup how in the hell do they expect us to take this kind of time pitching red cards.
This.

Like yesterday the red card queen had irked guests because she leaves her light on during them and ignores the line - not telling them she will be awhile... We were in major backup mode, and I'm asking when prompted (never been told to do differently, I can do all things with knowledge), but I'm mainly trying to get the lines cleared and everyone back out on the floor.

Ye gads.... Send me back to the pharmacy please.

Meh...it doesn't really change anything for us...we've already been doing the "pester every damn guest" thing for a few months again. So I didn't think it really changed much for us, so I didn't even think to pay enough attention to bring it back here. I will say, I didn't get the impression that we had to go completely by the script or die, so I think the OP's ETL has gone overboard.

If this was intended to be permanent, they would make the prompt appear with every single transaction. It's already been said, but I doubt that this is going to last long. Hell, it probably won't stick for even a week in stores with MyTime because of the backup situation. I'm not terribly worried, though I am a bit annoyed.

Our store got the rollout yesterday but no one really gives a crap since we've been doing it for so long. Also not having an ETL-GE for the moment helps.

Hey Commie! CanI get a link for that sarcasm font please? At my store the only thing that matters is still the red cards. It will be interesting to see what they do with this rollout. They have already lost interest in Be Bold! There just isn't any room left in their heads for anything but RED!!!!CARDS!!!!WOOO!!!!!WHOO!!!!!!!!!
There are days when I'm sure my ears are bleeding! :(:confused::mad:

Yep, the other day at work I got the "we're now back to asking every guest" speech. UGH. I'm half tempted after I bug them about the red card, and then have to bug them to do the survey, to add a little "feel free to let us know on the survey how you feel about being asked about redcards" line at the end.

Yep, the other day at work I got the "we're now back to asking every guest" speech. UGH. I'm half tempted after I bug them about the red card, and then have to bug them to do the survey, to add a little "feel free to let us know on the survey how you feel about being asked about redcards" line at the end.

We were told at our store that surveys were no longer being mentioned at all. We can't point them out and we don't circle and sign them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back