Archived Reduced working hours .. the next two weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
last night I check my schedule for the next 2 weeks and I'm scheduled next to nothing (less than 15) and infact I work on the sales floor and the 2nd week they have me as a cashier for 2 days...
should I just quit or talk to HR?

I average about 22-27 hours a week and the week of thanksgiving I only have 30 hours with having thanksgiving and that Sunday off. Kinda weird

I have a sneaky suspicion they quietly cut hours or gave the order to not hand out OT this year. Cause while our hours overall went up, it was not the balls out all hands on deck of past years. I am talking from 28hrs to 32hrs increase yes but not the 40hr weeks of the past with "can you stay and finish this and that?" Which added another 4hrs of OT to my check.

Which I understand at least for my store sales last year were off from previous years and this year they may not be much better. Saying what those reasons are will out my store cause they are unique reasons.

Wednesday they confirmed the hours I could work for set up overnight Wed/Thursday. I am not on the schedule that didn't come out until Friday. I've heard rumblings of cut hours as I walk past offices. I guess I'll focus on making a really great turkey.

I still have 40 hours, and have for the past month and a half. Been really busy at my store, and sales have been strong.

I suspect that corporate is expecting a lackluster holiday season. Both traffic and sales are down 1-2% on a corporate level. Add in a ton of new hires and allowing guests to get holiday sales 2 weeks early by using Cartwheel or shopping online, no need to beef up staffing.

last night I check my schedule for the next 2 weeks and I'm scheduled next to nothing (less than 15) and infact I work on the sales floor and the 2nd week they have me as a cashier for 2 days...
should I just quit or talk to HR?

Whats your availability like?

You should talk to HR, and be like what days I can help? At my store we are giving away extra cashier hours like candy for people who ask for them.

Wednesday they confirmed the hours I could work for set up overnight Wed/Thursday. I am not on the schedule that didn't come out until Friday. I've heard rumblings of cut hours as I walk past offices. I guess I'll focus on making a really great turkey.
Ask them again.

Are you FT, PT, or seasonal?

Its typical for stores to over hire seasonals and cause hours to vacuumed.

Ask to be trained on flow if you're available early mornings. That's how I get my hours if I'm not being scheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back