Archived Registers and the CSC

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been having problems with our registers. They randomly freeze all day everyday. We have to move the guests to another register and start over. Sometimes it is at the end of the transaction and we have to unload all the bagged stuff and start over. CSC says it is a global issue and they're working on a patch.
I'd like to hear from anyone else experienceing these issues.

It was happening frequently a couple of weeks ago. Seems to be better now.

Don't know. I'm just a HLTM who just backs up, but it happened to me about 5 times in a two week span.

We’ve been having major issues for about 2 weeks now. Registers locking up, card readers freezing, self checkout randomly shutting off. If it doesn’t get legitimately fixed, this holiday season is going to be a disaster.
I hope its not another hack.

We have been at about 50% register capacity for the past 3-4 weeks. Constant calls to get them fixed, some repairs that haven't worked at all. It's a joke and makes me fear for the holiday season if they can't get them up and running at full capacity.

We’re having issues with our registers as well. On weekends we definitely feel the impact. The lines get longer and longer, however I literally can not call for backup and/or open any more registers because every single one that is working is being used. Cashiers clock in and I have nowhere to send them even though the lines are long. STL breathing down my neck freaking out about the lines but I literally can not do anything besides send a couple to SCO (most everyone doesn’t want to go?). The weekends are such a clusterfuck I am literally terrified for 4th quarter coming up.

yea the freezing doesnt help. Guest service go so backed up because somehow 3 of our 4 registers froze up and didnt let us do anything, so we had our GSA on the register while both me and another GSA were on the express lanes taking people and the softlines tl directing them.. it was a rough day to say the least

I haven't heard of Patch 10, but yes, we've been having the problem. I had four down on Saturday and so many guests they'd have been swinging from the chandeliers if Spot had them. Card readers freezing. Cartwheel/Target app leading to some strange dialogue screen (though thankfully, you can hit "back," suspend," and move). Registers locking up for no good reason. Reloading carts, moving guests, apologizing. Self-checkouts also freezing randomly. Calling CSC so much I think I'm on a first-name basis with most of them. "Global issue," they tell me. Today was a little better. Hoping this a turnaround or @theissueoftissue is right; the holidays are going to be a disaster.

Last edited:
Only issue so far that I've seen is with one register in electronics. Still hasn't been fixed after a month.

It sounds like this is a global issue. Why would a company that is supposed to be so devoted to elevating the guest experience allow this to go on for so long?

With all the meetings about preparing for the holiday season why hasn't anyone addressed the fact that it is so difficult for our guests to pay for something?

I've been so angry and frustrated and I feel like the leaders at my store just don't care.

I'm calling CSC many times everyday. While I'm on the phone I'm running back and forth to guest service, SCO, the registry kiosk, answering the guest and TM questions and of course chasing the blinkers.

I'm doing it for the guests and for our cashiers. I've started announcing on the walkie every time a register freezes and we have to move a guest. I'm also sending detailed emails to everyone in the store about the calls and the registers.

When they ask which register is working, "None of them!" is the answer. (what I'd like to say)

Even my "good" registers are freezing now. If they don't freeze, the scales don't work.

I'm sorry but I just need to vent!

We've had issues for awhile now and a few registers that have been completely out for weeks. We're gonna be screwed if there's no fix for Q4...

At the end of my first transaction today the receipt did not print and the system went straight to the log on screen. Luckily the guest used a credit card. We also had two men working on the two registers at the Electronics boat so I hope these problems are fixed before November.

Our registers have been having a lot of issues like mentioned above. Some of them will freeze up if you try to ask for change and lock up. I've also noticed an issue with gift registries not working correctly. Guests will have the registry paper and after ringing it all up, I will scan the barcode, and it will say none of the items are on the registry, but when I've looked, they are on the registry!!
I had a couple of very unhappy guests who had purchased a bunch of things off, one of them being the mother in law of the recipient, and none of the items would come off, and all I could do was tell her to take the receipt and then go to the registry online and update it so that it does take it off, but WTF. I felt so bad for them. Get your stuff together, you ancient old registers!!!!

I've had registers that will not print the receipt too. They just go to the log in screen. It is happening more and more and leads to some very unhappy guests.

I'm also seeing the issue with the system not recognizing items from the gift registries. I'm checking to be sure the barcode on the registry has been scanned. Next, I check that the items are correct and the DPCIs match. It has and they do. The only thing I know to do is call and that takes forever!

I haven't even mentioned the problem with the scales on all of our registers except for maybe 3 or 3 of them. We're a super so most of our guests have produce. You can weigh maybe 3 or 4 things then the scale stops working. You have to manually reset the scale. You weigh 3 or 4 things and then repeat.

Oh yeah, do any of you have SCOs that say, "invalid" when anyone scans a Cartwheel or TM discount card?

How about when a guest adds a Cartwheel mfg coupon and buys the correct item but the coupon does not work? Yes, I know they are single use coupons.

Please respond if you are seeing any of this happening at your location.

Guys, I like my job. I don't want this company to go under but they have got to get it together. I'm just trying to figure out how widespread these problems are and I'm looking for answers.

It's a freaking shit show at my location. We have 27 registers, only 5 are actually working with 100% functionality. This isn't a recent issue either. It's frustrating as a cashier having to apologize over and over to guests who have to be shuffled over to 3 different registers to complete a transaction because nothing is working the way it should. Card readers freezing, drawers not opening, registers freezing up. Self checkout is an entirely separate nightmare. What really kills me is having a register freeze up during a redcard application

My SCO registers never have fully functioning produce scales and just recently Cartwheel has seized to work completely. Every time someone scans their cartwheel, it says Invalid #. I had a lady who's barcode literally was a Kill code to my registers at SCO, it made the computer go through all initial start up checks and screen says "Starting up..." and flashes it.

So fucking annoying, and no fixes or repairs have worked. I know it's just the fact that the machines we got at our store are literal shit, the new software is 100% working the way it's intended to, and other stores don't have any of the technical issues with do with our SCOs.

I'm sending detailed emails to everyone in our building but my STL doesn't care. My last shift I kept having to move people (which includes also moving the people behind them that have unloaded everything onto the belt.)

When anyone asks which registers work I say we can't count on any of them to work. Even my "good" registers are acting up now.

There are so many complaints on Twitter! I'm worried the press will get ahold of this. I'm surprised they haven't already.

What twitter?

Search target and you will find it.. Posts going back to the beginning of September. You have the normal people bitching about on a Saturday having two lanes open but you will find posts about registers taking a shit all over..

We've had more registers down than working for the past 2 weeks or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back