Archived Registries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I hope everyone had a great day. Anyway, wondering how do you take items off of a wedding or baby registry after the guest has paid for their items. I tried scanning the registry, then the receipt, then something prompted me to scan an item and I got confused and sent the guest over to guest service. Can anyone help me with this?

you scan the registry, it will prompt you to scan the receipt and then the items. You can either get the items back out of the bag and scan what is suppose to be taken off or you can just type in the DPCI from the receipt to take them off. Once you are done typing you can hit done and it will print the gift receipt out for it.

you scan the registry, it will prompt you to scan the receipt and then the items. You can either get the items back out of the bag and scan what is suppose to be taken off or you can just type in the DPCI from the receipt to take them off. Once you are done typing you can hit done and it will print the gift receipt out for it.

Awesome! Thanks so much!

Have they changed how this is done? When I used to cashier I would just scan everything then at the end scan the registry. It would ask if everything was scanned and then come up with a list. It was extremely easy and uncomplicated.

Have they changed how this is done? When I used to cashier I would just scan everything then at the end scan the registry. It would ask if everything was scanned and then come up with a list. It was extremely easy and uncomplicated.

That's if you scan the registry before the transaction is completed (which I agree is much simpler). OP was asking what to do if the guest remembers to give you their registry after they pay.

That's if you scan the registry before the transaction is completed (which I agree is much simpler). OP was asking what to do if the guest remembers to give you their registry after they pay.
I really need to start reading these posts more carefully. I really did not see that part about scanning after.

Last edited:
If a guest is buying items off a registry,
1. The guest will need to inform you and give you the registry form.
2. You will then scan the bar code on registry (you can also scan it during mid-ring up).
3. The system may ask you to select the items to tag to the registry.
4. Ask the guest if they need gift receipts. Usually the system will automatically print them up for registry items.

Post transaction,
1. You will scan the receipt
2. It should give you the option to the registry and gift receipts.
3. Then you will have to input the DPCI number or scan the item to tag to the registry.

I am not sure if the new registry guns can do this. But on the old gray registry guns, you can input individual items as bought. But they will not be tagged to the receipt.

Last edited:
Post transaction,
1. You will scan the receipt
2. It should give you the option to the registry and gift receipts.
3. Then you will have to input the DPCI number or scan the item to tag to the registry.

I don't think scanning the receipt gives you the option to update the registry. You can get gift receipts, but in order to update the registry, you have to scan the registry first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back