Hiring Rehire after quitting without notice ?

I worked at my local target for two years in nearly every department before I was hired checked the box and everything that said I was previously on disability within the past four or so years I don’t exactly remember what it says but I ended up two years later having some pretty bad mental health issues and unfortunately couldn’t continue my job, I felt ashamed and I couldn’t talk to my leadership out of fear. I was just scared and went in and quit one morning and now I’m at a better point and I really miss my old job and really liked working for Target a lot and would like to go back to work there and I mean I’ve worked in every department. All my bosses liked me and all that I’m wondering if I went in and talk to my head of HR or one of my old bosses about getting back on if that’s a possibility? I know a lot of people say you get flagged as nonrehirebale but I’ve seen a couple posts about talking to them and them hiring you back. Really would like to find out before I call or go in.

If it was that long ago and depending on how bad they need people you have a chance. My store has about 90% new leadership over the past 3 years. Just be warned spot is not the same it was 4 years ago or even 2 years ago. Its not all bad but expectations are going up and up. If you had a solid reputation before leaving, not calling out, being late all the time, or just known as a difficult worker then i think you might have a solid chance. ASANTS and all that so it is pretty hard to give you a solid answer. It doesnt hurt to go back and talk to them maybe youll have a better idea if you should try then.

If it was that long ago and depending on how bad they need people you have a chance. My store has about 90% new leadership over the past 3 years. Just be warned spot is not the same it was 4 years ago or even 2 years ago. Its not all bad but expectations are going up and up. If you had a solid reputation before leaving, not calling out, being late all the time, or just known as a difficult worker then i think you might have a solid chance. ASANTS and all that so it is pretty hard to give you a solid answer. It doesnt hurt to go back and talk to them maybe youll have a better idea if you should try then.
It’s just been about a year and it’s almost entirely the same leadership and still the same hr. The two years I was there I had perfect attendance and they depended on me pretty heavily I was about the only person they could get to throw a truck without throwing a fit haha but thanks for the feedback

Back