Rehire chances?

Hey y’all, I just reapplied to my local DC after leaving at the very end of last year.
When I worked there before, I had a really good relationship with my manager and I was a good worker, one of the best in my department and one of the few who seemed to care.

I ended up leaving so I could go to school, so I put in a verbal 2 weeks with my manager. I never actually informed HR, and I ended up leaving halfway through the second week due to a family emergency and just didn’t return.

What would y’all think my rehire chances would be?

Depends on if its a DC that reviews prior workers or not. Our building wouldve flagged you for not working your final shifts.

I can honestly say that your chances are pretty good right now. Not as good as of you didnt leave in a less than optimal way, but they might look past it especially since you at least provided some notice.

Seeing as hiring is done by corporate now … decent chance. Pretty sure I was flagged for not finishing out my 2 weeks years ago but I was rehired last year by corporate so same boat

The only people who have zero chance of rehire were people who were fired for gross negligence or theft. IE they stole a ps5 and ran over someone’s foot with a triple

This applies for ALL buildings

There's only two ways you're not rehirable as a TM.

1) You were red barred. Meaning you were deemed a potential security issue for whatever reason because you demonstrated certain on the job behaviors. (threatening behavior, theft, harrassment.)

2) You were fired for a performance related reason or resigned and its been less than 6 months since the your last day. (They occasionally make exceptions to this one)

I've had TMs who were job abandonments/no-call no shows, who I personally submitted the termination requests for get hired back on. As long as you don't meet the first two criteria HQ will submit your application to our building and you'll likely get rehired.

Back