Rehire

I quit my job in target 8 months ago due to new manager did not treat me well, so i quit without 2 weeks notice.
then I found a new job which is also a retail, but i suddenly miss target because it has different environment which target is way way better.

So my question is, would be still able to apply in target? or if there is a time period I have to wait before being eligible to reapply?

Sounds like a case of "the grass is greener" to me. If I was the HR TL reviewing your application, it'd be a definite no. And if that problem TL is still there, they could make your difficult even if they're not your TL.
In the future, always give the typical two week notice unless it's some kind of emergency situation. Otherwise, you're burning a bridge for no good reason.

Sounds like a case of "the grass is greener" to me. If I was the HR TL reviewing your application, it'd be a definite no. And if that problem TL is still there, they could make your difficult even if they're not your TL.
In the future, always give the typical two week notice unless it's some kind of emergency situation. Otherwise, you're burning a bridge for no good reason.
IMHO the two weeks is a pointless because you are an at-will employee..

Target can fire you or layoff for no reason.

Target could delete any shifts you're scheduled for and tell you to leave.

I worked at a Kroger that did that but I already had a start date at Target so it was pointless.

Last edited:
IMHO the two weeks is a pointless because you are an at-will employee..
Target can fire you or layoff for no reason.
Target could delete any shifts you're scheduled for and tell you to leave.
I worked at a Kroger that did that but I already had a start date at Target so it was pointless.
You get to have your opinion just like everyone else. However, I still maintain that not giving notice is burning a bridge needlessly. Especially if a person plans to stay in the same industry, they can never know when paths will cross.
Target, in my experience anyway, doesn't generally fire or lay off TMs for no reason. Doesn't mean it's a good reason, but that's what at-will employment entails.
Maybe this is an ASANTS thing or depends on state law, buy my store doesn't dismiss TMs for a shift that's been cancelled. Some TMs choose to take the day off or reduce the length of their shift, but the ones who still want to work their shifts are allowed to do so.
Another ASANTS thing maybe, but the Kroger stores in my state are unionized. So the rules are different there. Some say better, some say not.

You get to have your opinion just like everyone else. However, I still maintain that not giving notice is burning a bridge needlessly. Especially if a person plans to stay in the same industry, they can never know when paths will cross.
Target, in my experience anyway, doesn't generally fire or lay off TMs for no reason. Doesn't mean it's a good reason, but that's what at-will employment entails.
Maybe this is an ASANTS thing or depends on state law, buy my store doesn't dismiss TMs for a shift that's been cancelled. Some TMs choose to take the day off or reduce the length of their shift, but the ones who still want to work their shifts are allowed to do so.
Another ASANTS thing maybe, but the Kroger stores in my state are unionized. So the rules are different there. Some say better, some say not.
I was trying to say this.

I had already started part-time at Target.

I gave Kroger a two weeks notice.

Kroger had already scheduled me for those weeks.

Kroger told me to leave now and cancelled my shifts.

I gave Kroger a two weeks notice.
Kroger had already scheduled me for those weeks.
Kroger told me that I could just leave now.
That's not the same as not giving two weeks notice, which is what the OP was asking about. In fact, what you describe sort of happened to me once many years ago. Gave my notice but we had an external audit coming up and my boss was afraid that I might badmouth the company to the auditors. I wouldn't have, but it turned out to be a bonus because they still paid me for the days I didn't have to work.
If an employer tells you to leave without serving out the two weeks, that's on them. That doesn't take away the generally accepted practice of giving notice.

Back