Rejecting Incoming Calls

I never log into my phone except when asked over the walkie.

The reason is my Zebra will randomly log into different extensions and/or occasionally call some random extension in the store like the Pharmacy.

I used to do it a lot when I was helping customers, but now a days when I am one of the only people logged into the phone for GM or Toys, I put people on hold.

Today a call showed up on my Zebra. It took up the full screen.

I thought I recognized the name as that of another team member, and I wasn't about to answer a personnel call while trying to backstock. I tapped the red button and the call disappeared.

But a few seconds later it was back again.

This time I let it ring, waiting for it to go away, which it did. A little bit after that I heard a call over the walkie for a leader to take a team member call.

So, what happened? Was I was the only one logged into GM? 'Cause, here's the thing, I didn't log into the phone this morning. And, if I was the only one logged in, who else saw the call the second time?

Today a call showed up on my Zebra. It took up the full screen.

I thought I recognized the name as that of another team member, and I wasn't about to answer a personnel call while trying to backstock. I tapped the red button and the call disappeared.

But a few seconds later it was back again.

This time I let it ring, waiting for it to go away, which it did. A little bit after that I heard a call over the walkie for a leader to take a team member call.

So, what happened? Was I was the only one logged into GM? 'Cause, here's the thing, I didn't log into the phone this morning. And, if I was the only one logged in, who else saw the call the second time?
The call came to you first. You hit reject, which sent it to someone else. That second person hit reject, which sent it back to you. You let it ring for long enough that it got sent back to the second person, and they finally answered it.

I think you're automatically logged into the phone when you log into myDay now.

The call came to you first. You hit reject, which sent it to someone else ...
So, I never actually disconnected the call?
That second person hit reject, which sent it back to you. You let it ring for long enough that it got sent back to the second person, and they finally answered it ...
Hmm ...
I think you're automatically logged into the phone when you log into myDay now.
But if we're all automatically logged in, wouldn't there have been more than two people seeing the call?

So, I never actually disconnected the call?

Hmm ...

But if we're all automatically logged in, wouldn't there have been more than two people seeing the call?
Correct, you never disconnected the call. The person calling did not have to call a second time, they just got rerouted to a different person.

There should have been more than two people seeing the call if everything is working correctly and there are more than two people who are signed in with GM as their workcenter. You only get calls for your own workcenter.

I've never thought of the call being "rerouted". I figure if my phone is ringing, then anybody else signed into the same area is hearing the ring too.
I'm not completely sure actually. Maybe they all ring at the same time. But if every hits reject, it'll ring again. And if you're the only one signed in, hitting reject won't make it stop ringing.

I login to my department everyday . If I cannot attend I sometimes ignore . I’m sure it gets picked up by someone else . Eventually I had to pick it up as no one else will respond to walkie calls to attend the transferred call . It’s frustrating when they ask market to attend home/chem/toys call .

It logs me into toys, GM, and Food and Bev. I work S&E though, but it doesn't log me into GS. One day, I logged out of those areas and it logged me into leader. I didn't like that at all.

Back