Archived Relocation Assistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSTL4LIFE

GSTL
My leaders have been telling me that I am "next in line" for SrTL, but I'm also looking past that to hopefully ETL. My store is at its capacity for SrTLs and all the stores in my district are fully staffed. I was told my best bet might be a transfer.

Would Target offer relocation assistance to another state for a SrTL or an ETL position? I know one is hourly and the other is salaried but still curious. I have my degree and I am eager to move up and be more than just a team lead. I love being a GSTL and I was hoping they'd just make a Senior GSTL but it doesn't seem like that's happening anytime soon.

Any help is appreciated.

This is from a few years back. The ETL relocation package was very good. Actually would buy your home if it didnt sell within 60 days. Of course it needed to pass inspections etc. There were funds for a house hunting trip, a percentage of your annual for start up expenses in a new area etc. You could choose whether you wanted a moving company to facilitate the actual move or you could DIY it and they would pay the truck rental. Those are a few of things i remember. All of it was considered income and therefore "taxable income" I don't recall every seeing an hourly get relocation assistance. Doesn't mean its not there, I just haven't seen it.Toys R Us had the best relocation policy but then look where they are now.....

The way my BP explained to me: I’ve been looking at transferring out of state and the only way for an hourly leader to gain something would be to take over a store that’s red in your work center. Basically you’d get a raise or your Sr promotion but you’re not getting any moving bonuses or anything.

@theissueoftissue did you get any raise or bonus for your recent move?

The way my BP explained to me: I’ve been looking at transferring out of state and the only way for an hourly leader to gain something would be to take over a store that’s red in your work center. Basically you’d get a raise or your Sr promotion but you’re not getting any moving bonuses or anything.

@theissueoftissue did you get any raise or bonus for your recent move?
Nope, my rate stayed the same. I asked about relocation assistance too and was given a resounding nope.

The only way one could swing that is if the company asks you to relocate, and I’ve never heard of an hourly team member/leader getting that kind of offer.

STLs and up for most part. I believe the move has to be more than 25 miles and target will help. Lowest Level TM position i ever see get relocation assistance was STLs. Nothing lower from my experience e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back