Remodel for pickup space

Not sure I'd call it a remodel, be our café was made over into opu space.

what can I expect during the remodel? any advice?
It’s pretty easy. The only thing that causes problems is finding items for OPU. The remodel team will finish the remodel before it’s used then transfer everything.

no were getting an entire new space for pickup and moving our TSC to the backroom. all other temporary space is being broken down.
It’s just shelves and some coolers put in place for OPU. Sounds like yours is high scope so you won’t work out of it until the end. If you do work out of it you’ll have to work around the contractors. Not much else to say about it

Ahh, this store. An inner Metro Twin Cities store, you are a special store indeed. About 2 years since your last remodel turn-over and it's being done again. This store doesn't even exist on the store remodel flight list and yet a lot of teams are watching this with great interest.

This 'remodel' doesn't even classify as a remodel as everything involved doesn't directly disrupt guest traffic on the salesfloor. Your store is being used as a pilot for Fulfillment space and execution for the company.

(This store had a separate entrance installed with unique 3-panel sliding doors and still wasn't enough to handle the OPU/drive-up volume. Their Drive Up lot has been re-constructed I think 2 or 3 times already and when I last drove by I think there was about 40 containers out in their lot just for this project.)

Last edited:
Ahh, this store. An inner Metro Twin Cities store, you are a special store indeed. About 2 years since your last remodel turn-over and it's being done again. This store doesn't even exist on the store remodel flight list and yet a lot of teams are watching this with great interest.

This 'remodel' doesn't even classify as a remodel as everything involved doesn't directly disrupt guest traffic on the salesfloor. Your store is being used as a pilot for Fulfillment space and execution for the company.

(This store had a separate entrance installed with unique 3-panel sliding doors and still wasn't enough to handle the OPU/drive-up volume. Their Drive Up lot has been re-constructed I think 2 or 3 times already and when I last drove by I think there was about 40 containers out in their lot just for this project.)
Is it flight 2 remodel?

Attachments

• IMG_0547.PNG
    IMG_0547.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 136

I was told they are also adding Ulta to the beauty section of this store. Could explain the number of containers.

No, way different. The exterior doors are being moved again for their OPU/Drive Up, and essentially all of their offices are being moved around again. The reason it doesn't fall underneath as an official remodel category is the fact everything being touched is all off-site to guests. Again, Fulfillment is currently running at numbers that were projected for 2025 and is exceeding that thanks to Covid. This is an attempt to catch up and future-proof at the same time.

Their Fulfillment team alone has about 50-70 team members on average per day, so that just tells you the scope of their volume.

There isn't really a 'Flight' planning for this fulfillment re-organization, it's truly a realization of ASANTS moment and catering to the uniqueness. That other store by the airport, sheesh. Don't even get me started on that layout (it's awful and also slated for starting their own fulfillment remodel as well within the next month or so.)

Last edited:
We are getting remodel. Offices being moved to the backroom, drive up doors added, rumors of beauty space, order pick up space, additional flex stations, plus more that I haven't heard confirmed yet.

My store needs this. we have an insanely unique front end layout that is horrible for OPU and drive up and it was *not* fixed in our remodel two years ago— they redid everything to look pretty but didn’t give us the space we need— we have three different areas we need to run to for OPUs because we don’t have enough space.

Our store is almost thirty years old and needs completely remodeled.

I thought when the pandemic closed our cafe they wouldn't reopen the it.

I would have used that space for OPU and cooler/freezer space.

If you had our OPU pickup by the Starbucks it would make even more money.

T2313? That’s the only store in the metro I can think of that has a separate OPU entrance.

Last edited:
We’re getting a fulfillment remodel too. Basically from what I’ve been told they are taking out roughly 8 stockroom aisles near a fire exit so DU TMs can go directly out those doors which will line up directly with the DU parking. Then apparently we’re getting walk-in coolers and freezers for OPU/DU only, still not 100% on that. Then Ulta is going where the swim floorpad is.

If you do work out of it you’ll have to work around the contractors. Not much else to say about it
Remodels are done overnight for the most part so no need to work around contractors thankfully! If there's any hard hat construction being done (holes in walls, floors) I can see them adding temporary spaces like how some stores had during Q4.

I'm in a remodel as well! Our breakroom and training room are going to the backroom. Former TSC space will have walk-in cooler and a walk-in freezer for grocery-opu. hold spaces for regular opu etc. dedicated drive up door from that space. Gaining a TM entrance. It's pretty neat so far!

They built a new little room to put orders in. The old OPU space will be for bulk items. They’re also doing work in the backroom, rearranging some things and they built a new refrigerated room back there.

T2313? That’s the only store in the metro I can think of that has a separate OPU entrance.
That'd be her. I'm curious how they are going to re-do the Drive Up area, AGAIN. I just drove by there today and the Drive Up side has 19 NUMBERED spots and they were all filled with people waiting to park. I think their DU Team alone is about 12 people staffed.

Back