Archived REMODEL in 2 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store has a remodel that is supposed to start on Easter. Yay. They are saying it will be until July or August. And We don't know if we're getting optical or not.

Sounds like a full 10 year remodel. Did you have a question though?
not really just want to discuss remodels. Actually our last remodel was 2 years ago. I was a guest at the time only and food ave turned into starbucks in that one.

From what it sounds like, you're getting a full remodel minus one or two specialty areas. Expect things to move, constantly. The best thing you guys can do is communicate with each other as, minus Saturday and Sunday, things may have changed from the day prior.

Your guests are going to be frustrated. Try and laugh it off, redirect the convo towards helping them. In response to "you moved X since last time I was here", I often used "Yeah we got bored and decided to shake things up". Just be extra guest service-y, tell the guests "Thanks for your patience". At the start definitely let them know that it's going to be happening for a bit, but to stop some one in red&khaki to help if they're missing something.

My store is about to undergo a 3 month remodel starting in mid April. We are already beginning the process of hiring additional people to work on the overnights. Hours will be plentiful, which is a good thing. I'm slightly more worried about how this will impact my department. I know that Food Ave will be the first to be updated to Starbucks. Great to get the remodel though! Hope we get the new carts as well. Good luck with the transition!

A near by store went through a full remodel, its gonna be a mess. Chaotic as hell.
I think it will be fun. I also think a lot of stuff is going to go missing with all the seasonal overnight people we're hiring and not having out ETP-ap work overnight or even a tps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back