Remodel Team Lead

Joined
Aug 30, 2011
Messages
670
#1
Anyone in this position or know anyone who has been in this position? I was approached today by our STL to see if I was interested with a little bit of persuasion to strongly consider it. Any info would be great.
-I know it would involve being overnight.
-I know there would be a lot of merchandise moving.

But any details would be greatly appreciated while in contemplate my decision. Thanks in advance......
 

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
Joined
Jun 8, 2011
Messages
195
#2
Anyone in this position or know anyone who has been in this position? I was approached today by our STL to see if I was interested with a little bit of persuasion to strongly consider it. Any info would be great.
-I know it would involve being overnight.
-I know there would be a lot of merchandise moving.

But any details would be greatly appreciated while in contemplate my decision. Thanks in advance......
the BRTL at my store was one of them. A lot of work and knowledge... you really need to know your stuff regarding fixtures and what not. extensive knowledge of planograms..etc.. a lot of work but i would think worth it.
 
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
1,010
#4
the BRTL at my store was one of them. A lot of work and knowledge... you really need to know your stuff regarding fixtures and what not. extensive knowledge of planograms..etc.. a lot of work but i would think worth it.
True. You also need to keep a cool head when things get hectic, and trust me, they will. You'll be in charge of a large team, and must be able to answer all plano/fixture related questions, and there will be a lot of them. It's stressful at times, but I have no regrets about joining the remodel team. I had a great time.
 
Joined
Jun 24, 2011
Messages
466
#5
Make sure to talk to the construction crew to know what they are doing so you know where they are. Lots of times you need to set behind the construction crew or demerch the aisle so they can either move or build a new gondola. If you have to plan out the workload make sure you know what aisles are moving or switching so you can keep demerched product limited and not have too many aisles empty at a time. Make sure you know how to set planograms because there will be a lot of questions about fixtures, displays, and signing.
 
Joined
Jun 14, 2011
Messages
26
#6
My stores remodel finished in march/April. What you'll need is an amazing Plano TL and team. Get as many of your best tm's as possible to switch to Plano. You'll need an experienced tm to help with all the new fixtures and with what you can set. You'll need a no BullS*** executive to directly work with the construction crew. Plano, fixtures, and a good relationship with the construction crew will be 80% of the difficulties with the remodel process. The other 20% I'd have to say is split between your seasonal workers, day side TL and tms finishing what needs to be done and keeping sales up.
 
Top