• Thread starter Ludwig3
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Ludwig3

Possibly the worse remodel process I've ever seen is occurring right now. I swear Spot low balls and picks the cheapest contracting companies. Ohh and why hire a overnight backroom team when no one even back stocks the new resets? My team has been doing twice the work and frankly we're sick of it. Back stocking entire resets, food push and our own truck. How is this fair to 3 GUYS????

To anyone who has a remodel coming up this year, plus do yourself a favor and stay tough for your 3 months. Backroom guys; get ready for hell and construction workers who refuse to work with you, a new POG team who leaves all signing + back stock on reds and your vehicles being used to hold construction gear. I could care less about "P-Fresh" right now.

Sorry to vent.

:D

lol i gave support help to a store remodeling yesterday. 7 hours of taking advantage of the chaos and not really working too hard. Lol can't wait til my store goes under remodel. Our current leaders are challenged with the store on a normal, slow day. It's gonna be somethin' else.

Our current leaders are challenged with the store on a normal, slow day. It's gonna be somethin' else.

During your remodel you will have a lot of chiefs and few indians. Trust me! You'll have TM's who act like TL's, TL's who love the ETL power and ETL's who frankly could care less about any safety or work complain you have. "Ohh we'll take care of it" laymans terms; go away until the sh*t hits the bulleyes fan.

Sad to say we are in the exact same boat here. Everything I was told at the remodel orientation was a flat out lie. To tell the truth, I am so miserable that I am considering giving my two week notice. I don't think I can take it any more. I am sick and tired of the team getting yelled at and put down and worked like dogs. I am not afraid of work but in all my years I have never ever seen such an environment, even with Spot. I love my co-workers and I just can't stand the way this is all going down. I cry about it, I dream about it. The situation occupies my every waking thought. The team is miserable and it is just killing me that I cannot do anything but endure and watch as the executive team snaps daily and takes out their own shortcomings on others. Worse still that corporate doesn't give a d***. The job market where I live is not great so I have to make it work until I find something else. Sending prayers your way.

Sad to say we are in the exact same boat here. Everything I was told at the remodel orientation was a flat out lie. To tell the truth, I am so miserable that I am considering giving my two week notice. I don't think I can take it any more. I am sick and tired of the team getting yelled at and put down and worked like dogs. I am not afraid of work but in all my years I have never ever seen such an environment, even with Spot. I love my co-workers and I just can't stand the way this is all going down. I cry about it, I dream about it. The situation occupies my every waking thought. The team is miserable and it is just killing me that I cannot do anything but endure and watch as the executive team snaps daily and takes out their own shortcomings on others. Worse still that corporate doesn't give a d***. The job market where I live is not great so I have to make it work until I find something else. Sending prayers your way.

Back at ya! :) It's a tight situation to be in. It seems a lot of us are in limbo regarding Target YET we all need jobs to support ourselves. Although I do believe happiness is important, smiling doesn't pay the bills. I try to ignore all the negative energy and keep a close relationship with my team. It's sad though, our TL and ETL never defend or speak up for us, mostly due to management being amazing club buddies. It's slowly becoming a TM vs. TM atmosphere which completely goes against what any company is striving for.

You know the sad thing is that I felt that I could be an "buffer" between the bad behavior of the exes and my team. I just always felt that as a manager I should care for and help my team be their very best. I don't know how to protect them from this. I feel like we are in the middle of a war zone most of the time. I would rather they scream at me than at my team. My guys bust their butts every day and I get so pissed when I can't make it better for them. I don't want to abandon the team but I have to live too. My health is not good right now and my doctor has been telling me to seek employment elsewhere. You know it's bad when even your doctor thinks your job is bad for you.

We're in the middle of a remodel as well. Every night I close, I'm on the verge of a breakdown. :/

Ugh, I am glad to see this thread. I am a price accuracy (and occasionally photo) team member and coming from the floor aspect, it's rough for us too. They don't schedule enough people to close on the sales floor or to cashier during the week. Our GSTLs are constantly calling for backups or are on the lanes themselves. Zone doesn't get finished at night, and in the morning there are several carts of both hardlines and softlines reshop. And don't even get me started on the backroom...it seems they can never catch up on their backstock. :( I pitch in when I can, but I'm getting 40 hours at price accuracy (which I am grateful for), so I can't help in other areas much unless we finish early. In the mornings, there's barely anyone there outside of electronics, instocks, and price accuracy (not counting the flow/plano teams). I heard that we were supposed to be getting payroll cuts due to the remodel, but this seems extreme to me. I swear, some mornings, the fitting room/operator nearly has a panic attack due to the insane amount of reshop that's been back there.

Yesterday we got (slightly) lucky. Our network went down, which meant the PDAs didn't work. Backroom couldn't pull, instocks couldn't do outs, and price change couldn't do their workload. We ended up working out ALL the reshop and put the store back together. It didn't come back up until 9:00 last night, so we came into a clean store this morning. Unfortunately, that had price change doing two days work in one day. I can't tell you how many carts of salvage we had...it was over 20. :yess: Backroom worked overnight to catch up on all the pulls they missed and we were caught up when I left today. I did a ten hour shift with my team leader so we could catch up too. I guess you could say it was a mixed blessing to have them go down. Yay for a clean store, but it was a long day for some of us today...:lazy:

It's terrible on the sales floor. Especially having such limited hours. Each night I close, I'm responsible for several sections plus getting all the CAFs and reshop worked out that the opening crew couldn't get done because of being stretched so thin. It's almost guaranteed that POGS in the areas being remodeled at the moment will either not be tied, or tied into multiple locations. It's just a nightmare. I hate complaining at work but there are nights that I don't think the LODs realize how insanely frustrating it is trying to get anything done in this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back