Archived Remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that my store was due for a remodel, guy from corp came by with this weird camera thing, then a week later we weren't going to be getting a remodel 'til at least 2012 and realistically 2013.

Our store was a prototype when it opened in 2001 so apparently it was super up to date or whatever then, now it just looks kinda old and worn.

Thats how the store I worked at used to look. The store opened in the 1980s and kept that 80s look till 2003 when they updated to the 2001 prototype. If they waited a year they would have gotten the 2004 prototype and would have gotten a starbucks.

Its now updated to the 2009/2010/2011 look (what ever its called) and pretty much no traces of the 2001 look remain expect the restroom sign and the one hour photo, guest service signs. They even took out the fitting rooms and installed new ones in the same spot.

I guess it got the update because of how old the store is. Another store in my area also opened in the 80s but had a rather unique 90s prototype with softlines in the middle. It was so damn ugly inside. I heard they revamped the store. But kept the outside the way it was. (I'm sure by now they added new paint) Though that store was gonna close in 2007 for a new bulid but permets never came about.

Ours has just gotten under way. They're moving & condensing depts so I've been drawing up temp maps for the guest walk, reprogramming call boxes that have been moved & learning about food handling practices :p
Didn't make the remod team, tho :(

I just hope we get the big red balls!!! I remember at my old store when we got them... One of our GSTLs was always saying how glad he was to work for an employer that finally has some balls!:D

"Well I'm upper upper class high society
God's gift to ballroom notoriety
And I always fill my ballroom
The event is never small
The social pages say I've got
The biggest balls of all

I've got big balls
I've got big balls
They're such big balls
And they're dirty big balls
And he's got big balls
And she's got big balls
(But we've got the biggest balls of them all)"

We went through a remodel a little under a year. I liked it since it was something new but there were too many bosses and not enough communication between them...we're still suffering from job it. With a lack of fixtures, aisles that were standard when they needed to be reverse, shelving being off and even the contractors did a crappy job... I guess thats what happens when target wants it all to be done in 3months with half of an already small team being trained correctly.

In the store I worked at they kept the middle racetrack where it was, but over in baby there is a space where the shelf use to be. From what I heard from an olk co worker of mine there is no plans to place a shelf there. So you walk down the racetrack and right as soon as you get to baby you see the electronics counter. Why didn;t they just place the counter in the middle so thats the one thing you see as you walk down the racetack is beyond me.

]

Remodel Impact on Backroom

Our store begins remodel in earnest very soon. Being fairly new to Target (dayside backroom) I've just figured out where everything belongs and now things seem to be moving daily. I understand why since we're getting the Pfresh and get new/larger Freezer, Reefer, and produce; also losing a physical stockroom (HBA).

We are losing 2 or 3 backroom TMs to Remodel w/ no new hires yet (nice for hours). We have a solid team (even w/ me on it!) and a good TL. As a large store we have a full truck every night, and Flow team works overnight. We mostly focus on POGS, Research, CAFS and Backstock along with the normal requests from the floor. The Remodel team will be coming in early morning through mid-afternoon

For those who work dayside backroom and have weathered the remodel what can you share about how it impacted your daily work. E.g., timeliness of CAF pulls, misplaced product, not enough space ....? It sounds like it will be quite nice when completed, but I'm interested in what to expect in my area in the meantime.

They've been moving backroom & condensing it for a couple weeks. Now they're tearing out where the new freezers/cool room will be. Salesfloor is starting to condense, LOTS of stuff going clearance!

Our store begins remodel in earnest very soon. Being fairly new to Target (dayside backroom) I've just figured out where everything belongs and now things seem to be moving daily. I understand why since we're getting the Pfresh and get new/larger Freezer, Reefer, and produce; also losing a physical stockroom (HBA).

We are losing 2 or 3 backroom TMs to Remodel w/ no new hires yet (nice for hours). We have a solid team (even w/ me on it!) and a good TL. As a large store we have a full truck every night, and Flow team works overnight. We mostly focus on POGS, Research, CAFS and Backstock along with the normal requests from the floor. The Remodel team will be coming in early morning through mid-afternoon

For those who work dayside backroom and have weathered the remodel what can you share about how it impacted your daily work. E.g., timeliness of CAF pulls, misplaced product, not enough space ....? It sounds like it will be quite nice when completed, but I'm interested in what to expect in my area in the meantime.

Price Change pulls will be bigger as departments condense on the SF. You will need to reset the accumulator a lot because carry forward items that lose facings on the floor, but get backstocked always come out in the CAF's

Re: clearance - omigosh, there's a TON of clearance on TOP of the summer clearance! And they're trying to set BTS, too! Crazy doesn't even BEGIN to describe it but everybody's loving the markdowns, tho. :D

I have no idea when our store will be remodeled, but we need it.. BADLY. We need new cashier boats, new fitting rooms, new equipment... new everything. The only glimmer of hope we got was the new registers a few months ago. =\

Remodel Day One

So ... it has begun. Contractors today tore out a bunch of stockroom shelves, and the remodel team has re-numbered a bunch of others. Can't tell you how many times I headed off to the wrong location ...

The entire dayside BR team was pretty positive, yet frustrated, with lots of extra walking with product in CAFs being located in disparate places - e.g., two locations for DIPR as far apart as you can get. I worked late, but those who opened said it was pretty crazy sharing space with both the contractor and the remodel team...

So we finally finished setting pfresh..health inspector come today to visit the store..we should be licensed and ready to sell the produce next week...pretty exited...our pfresh remodel went really great ...we have extra time that all we are doing this week and just zoning dept and just any touch ups that we might of forgotten during remodel...so i do hope everyone that is a july remodel is being close to done and had a great remodel

for october remodels all the advice i can give you so you can take to your store is just have the whole thing plan out..
fixtures and signing try to have it lay out for the week..so for example if you are setting infants, then have all the new fixtures and signing layout and ready for the set..
and keep a close eye on your fixture construction crew they do have a habit of going off track and destroying aisle that are not on the plan for the day
at this point your remodel etl should be very knowledgeable about store remodels and should have enough experience being that he/she already did two this year (march/june or july) and will most likely used his/her pass mistake towards their owned benefit this time around..so GOOD LUCK

construction crew put up the signs/take down them? at the store I'm working at thats undergoingn a remodel we have been taking the old signs down and reputting them up in their temp. spots till we move them and get the new signs,,,

the construction crew has its own signing to handle in which it will have tape with printing on it that says somewhere on the lines of "constructional signing"

idono which signing you are referring too but if its the big red headers that say the dept name ..then the construction crew should be handling that...they the ones that move it around my store and put the new ones out...

signing that the store is in charge of is in the containers and it will be marked just like regular signing

They've moved depts around so quickly that I spend the first 5 min of my shift trying to find out WHAT went WHERE.
And they think the guests are confused....?:confused:

The deparment signs.

I guerss Target lets the constuction crew do it since ita bulker but its more hallow.

yes adjacency changes are drastic...their are about 17 aisle per day ... if you are lucky like my store the product should be on the shelf by 8am...but trust me my blood pressure would be all the way up when 4am came by and their are 18 flats of product on the floor and a truck is being uploaded and you need to shared your flats with the flow team ..it just stressfull only very few stores can make it happened at 8am.
unfortunately some stores in my district would still be filling the aisle at 1pm.. but i would not blame them
again their are so many things that can come up, the biggest problem we had was sometimes we did not have the shelving that we needed for a specific dept that why its so important to lay out fixture for the week because you dont want to find out about the problems as you are setting the aisle

-keep in mind their are 3 types of workload remodel depending on how your store is set up you could be a 50% or 75% or 100% full remodel; it could be tuff...Their was one store in my district that was 100% full remodel which had entire district support because they did not had no remodel since 1994 so they were really old ...but they got EVERYTHING NEW

We are well into our remodel. Huge new freezer and reefers are about ready to go online, but everything is really a mess in the backroom with our sales floor teams just dropping backstock "wherever" since they don't know where anything might be ... sometimes they leave it in the midst of the construction junk. But ... I gotta admit the new backroom ladders are really nice!.

The new freezers went in quick!
The depts have already shifted & the backroom is done down to the new ladders. I was sliding along one while singing "Madame Librarian" from Music Man. S'Okay, the kids think I'm nuts anyway. :p

They've been running pipes & wiring from the ceiling over where the coolers are going to be. My STL says the big curtain comes out after Labor Day!

We aren't supposed to get our remodel until spring of next year at least that is the plan. First it was winter and now it's spring. Spot needs to make up his mind lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back