Archived Remodel

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in week 8 or 9 (I think) and the amount of clearance is still the most amazing part! Entire valleys. Entire POG's. It's crazy and impossible to be brand.

The nice thing about the sheer amount of clearance was a) the great deals you could find & b) it gave our store a bump up in sales.

We finished our remodel a few months ago, and we're still missing a lot of signing. Mainly in Market and HBA.

It looks tacky. Anybody else run into this issue?

uhhh question... so I take it the store closes down during a remodel (never been through one so idk), so what do all the team members do?

uhhh question... so I take it the store closes down during a remodel (never been through one so idk), so what do all the team members do?

HA Target doesn't even close for most national holidays! Nope, the guests are left to defend themselves from product that moves daily. Team members are reduced to sobbing in the fetal position as the backroom becomes inundated with product, product moves constantly and inconsistently, zoning and reshop is impossible, and guests *************** about the condition of the place.

I created a cheat sheet of where things went to & from. The last section that moved was pets, home improvement & cleaning supplies. There was no real communication on new stuff.
So heads up!
Market & cleaning supplies will be extended by 8 to 12 feet for all aisles, depending on the area. Be ready for more products & zoning sections!
Softlines & seasonal areas will be reduced in size.
Be proactive on change. In the end, it was the best thing to happen at my store.

There is an entire overnight team formed that only does "remodel". They are finished with their work prior to the store opening for the day and business goes on as usual. Tm's just do their job.

There were a few stores that closed for about 5 days for a quick remodel. Remember reading about it on the old forum.

There were a few stores that closed for about 5 days for a quick remodel. Remember reading about it on the old forum.

There was a store near us that did this. A few people from my store went to it. They said it was crazy. People working all day. They had three teams of people to be able to work 24 hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back