Archived Repack numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm just looking for a little more info on repack numbers and their associated depts, I may be going to flow on a store part of the new push all process and I wanna be up to speed.Also, what causes items to arrive via repack vs casepack? Thanks in advance!!

Hi everyone, I'm just looking for a little more info on repack numbers and their associated depts, I may be going to flow on a store part of the new push all process and I wanna be up to speed.Also, what causes items to arrive via repack vs casepack? Thanks in advance!!

I've been curious about this myself. When I was overnight, I dealt with a lot of repacks when helping the flow team, and I never understood what the numbers meant or why they sent us repacks in the first place.

Yeah, I used to throw truck but might now been going on the line and I've never really had to know the numbers before. Someone said they got changed in stores doing the new ULV 7am unload to reflect the new custom blocks or something, not sure. I heard someone explain repacks and why they generate in the first place long ago, but I forget.

repacks are used for openstock coming in from the DC, sometimes inner cases (a full case of skull candy headphones is something like 24 but stores usualy dont recieve more than 6 which is one of the inner cases in that case of 24) the numbers are supposed to represent the department they go to although some are not accurate
1 is usualy random, sports, grocery, pets
2 is electronics
3 is towels and such
4 is housewares and picture frames
5 is H&B
6 is notions
9 is security (hence the term Zone 9) also represented as SCTY on older labels and should ALWAYS come in white repacks
the higher numbers are all softlines not sure which they represent
M/CD is Music (CD is on the new labels M is on older ones)
V/DVD is Movies (DVD is on new labels V is on older ones)
Combo as its name suggests is for anything not represented above

Pretty much what FlowMonkey said. Combo usually as every department in it. Small things like, spices, gloves etc. With the new process repacks are supposed to get broken down on the line. SCTY, the white repack boxes usually go to electronics. They have like the Beats by dre, ipads/pods etc.

Last edited:
Don't Forget the Softlines : )

10/12: Men's Dept.
13/15: Accessories (womens, boys, girls, infants, and baby hardlines)
14: Shoes
16: Hanging clothes for all dept.

At least that's how it is at our store, the contents always seems to be mixed up though...

At least Target's DCs send the stores repacks that are already sorted by department. They don't come sorted by department at Walmart so the unload team has to do it. Yes, it's as much of a PITA as it sounds and I've never had to do it but I've had to deal with the mistakes they make.

I like when the label has like 5 different numbers circled or none circled at all.

The numbers are a good guide, but you can just as easily peek in the box to check what's inside if it's wrong or unclear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back