Repacks - tips and tricks.

Shit that’s it? I get 9 trucks a week and my girls always come clean . Then is no excuse for your team not to finish all in less than 4 hours .
Golly, thanks for such positive input. And "your girls"? That sounds so 1950s sexist. Do you also have "your boys"?
It's not really "my team" - I don't get to make decisions about who to put where or how long they're scheduled, etc. I'm just one of the worker bees.
But you, like everyone else, get to have your opinion.
I'll say this for my store - we have a very stable team, with lower-than-usual turnover. And our comps are better than decent. So we must be doing something right.

Golly, thanks for such positive input. And "your girls"? That sounds so 1950s sexist. Do you also have "your boys"?
It's not really "my team" - I don't get to make decisions about who to put where or how long they're scheduled, etc. I'm just one of the worker bees.
But you, like everyone else, get to have your opinion.
I'll say this for my store - we have a very stable team, with lower-than-usual turnover. And our comps are better than decent. So we must be doing something right.
Sorry for saying that having 10 repacks max an a uboat to work on a 4 hour shift was do-able .And I have nothing against 1950 and neither should you i believe your parents were born around that time no? And when I say my girls is because we have each others back and are like family , and yes my boys are part of it too . How can I be sexist I’m a girl myself but okay .
Never said you were doing anything wrong .

Last edited:
Sorry for saying that having 10 repacks max an a uboat to work on a 4 hour shift was do-able .And I have nothing against 1950 and neither should you i believe your parents were born around that time no? And when I say my girls is because we have each others back and are like family , and yes my boys are part of it too . How can I be sexist I’m a girl myself but okay .
Never said you were doing anything wrong .
Ah, the problems we create for ourselves when we make assumptions! No, my parents were not born around the 1950s - why would you think that? Girls and women can be sexist too; sexism isn't the sole province of men.
And I've looked at my past posts in this thread - not sure where you got the 10 repacks max during a 4-hour shift part, but whatever. Your "no excuse" line is kind of an indication that you do think we're doing something wrong.
I always appreciate being made aware of whose posts I should ignore in the future. Congratulations! You've made the short list!

Ah, the problems we create for ourselves when we make assumptions! No, my parents were not born around the 1950s - why would you think that? Girls and women can be sexist too; sexism isn't the sole province of men.
And I've looked at my past posts in this thread - not sure where you got the 10 repacks max during a 4-hour shift part, but whatever. Your "no excuse" line is kind of an indication that you do think we're doing something wrong.
I always appreciate being made aware of whose posts I should ignore in the future. Congratulations! You've made the short list!
Yay me no loss And I didn’t make assumptions I just responded to your post bottom here . And never said you were doing anything wrong just that it’s do-able 16 repacks in 4 hours and one uboat .
We're a low volume store. Last truck, we had, I think, 4 repacks of personal care and 11 of OTC plus 2 more for OTC that were single product (Ricola cough drops and something else in another box). Case pack count I don't really know, but it wasn't heavy, probably less than 1 totally full u-boat for each. It wasn't a big truck, but it's unusual to have more than 1 full u-boat for each of HB01 and Pharm.
And this is what I responded saying that 16 repacks basically in 4 hours is pretty easy .

@FlowTeamChick & @allnew2, please try to work together. You are both great posters here on the forum. Everyone will benefit from it.
I honestly didn’t think that I was making assumptions on her store being bad quite frankly not at all . I only said 4 hours was more than enough for 16 repacks and one uboat. I wasn’t being sexist either when I said my girls ( I just take pride in them ) but apparently she believes that I am . And I believe that I’ve actually responded to other post of her without being rude or bashing her in any way . My apologies is all I can say

Share your efficiency tricks and tips for pushing Repacks (ssz) from the truck. What habits do you do to make pushing quick and easy in your dedicated area? How quickly can you clear a uboat? Looking for ideas to help my team get better. All areas need help.
I break out the repacks and sort them as the unload Goes on so every dbo only has their own. Then when I go to push repacks I grab a 3 tier and dump them in and get r done

I break out the repacks and sort them as the unload Goes on so every dbo only has their own. Then when I go to push repacks I grab a 3 tier and dump them in and get r done
THIS. I MUCH rather push from a 3 tier than ex repack box ! Probably only psychological in speed but so much better to push that carriage to the location than try to wrangle all the shampoo bottles in my arms. When they’re full a guest will inevitably need me to use my zebra for something - not to mention how behind I can get if I drop one and it spills ! Aarrgg!

You snap that picture in a closet?

Is that in the sort and stock guide from last year?
Hahah it was dark in my apartment and I didn’t feel like turning on a light 😂. It’s the sort and stock guide but updated to align with modernization. I actually printed it a couple weeks ago to Re-familiarize myself with it. It says only combo repacks should be getting a second sort

Sounds like you are the perfect DBO for OTC. Wanna come to my store and show my TM how it's done?

Seriously though, you do sound like you have a grasp on it. What's your average time on a uboat then? If 10 minutes, that's about 2 hours (12X10).

Do you get your 1-4-1s, freight and backstock done too during your shift? We have our DBO scheduled 4hrs. Sounds like it's possible to do all of that in that time.
GM stationary. I get it done ,well most of the time. (reshop/1for1/zone/audit/backstock/freight.) On a 4hr shift..Some days I do but
When I help with Opus, ring and help like 8-10 guest per day & when folks call off, I DEFINITELY DO NOT.
I use my empty repacks for my garbage, plastic, small boxes. I put them under my 3tear. Then empty/clean it all up at the end of my shift. Give myself enough time, 10 min before I leave.
Keep up with your 1for1s. Use your EXF daily.
When it ask how many really fit? And how many are here? Fix it daily! You wont get a ridiculous amount of 1for1s. Example= If only 2 fit on the floor but your 1for1 is asking to pull 7 from backrm ..You need to go fix the count on your EXF Asap! Cuz you'll be backstocking 5. Giving yourself more work.

At my store we use flats, pallets, some baskets here and there too. Some TMs use several at the same time.
I wish. Our dsd is a stickler for following rules. We can’t use a shopping cart or basket for any reason. Those are for guests he says. So annoying.

The only dbo that can use a flat is paper/chem and pets. No one else.

Back