Archived requisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My SFS TL during q4 used to req out cooler drinks for us, sure kept morale up for us.

Other wise it's just necessary stuff for us, I'm not to sure what they do when we have food in the break room

I did that for 4th quarter as well. Especially when people would stay to get pack done.

We'll often see cupcakes or cakes in the breakroom--stuff I assume is about to hit its sell-by date, or a special order the customer didn't pick up or whatever. Some ETLs will requisition huddle treats, but not always. Ice cream treats showed up in the freezers last week because it was ridiculously hot.

Sometimes nacho fixings or other random stuff will show up. I've never seen bread & PB or anything like that, though.

Monthly Budget is set by your Org chart. We try to spend every penny every month. STL/ETL lunches use up the monthly budget pretty quickly :rolleyes:.

My ETL and I plan at least four food/drink days for the store team each month. We requisition juice, soda, water, PB&J, fruit, chips, cookies, candy, pastries, etc.

At my store, though, these always happen during the day, and there's nothing left for the closers. The only time management seems to think about us is Thanksgiving.

Our store is more concerned with the amount of food we donate instead of team morale so under no circumstance will our ETLs/STL allow us to put almost or expired items in the break room. Everything must be donated.

Anytime a TM asks me for food/drink as a reward for doing what I've asked then the answer is an automatic no. I'm not going to bargain with you, it sets a bad precedent. It's very straightforward: Can you stay late or not? You need to decide if it's worth it on it's own.

There are budgets for requisition accounts. My GSTL/GSAs had a bad habit of requisitioning everything and anything for the TMs. Oh so-and-so is feeling a little sad today? Let's get her a candy bar. Someone's feeling chilly and didn't bring a jacket? Requisition. Random slow Tuesday night? Let's requisition sodas for the team. They blew through most of the budget for the entire year before the end of Q4.

If your ETLs are using the requisition account to buy their lunches then that's bad leadership right there. At my store we never do that. And then we only use the pcard when the DTL is having a lunch meeting with us.

Our old STL would regularly put food items in the break room.....basically out-dated snacks that really can't be donated....cupcakes and such. That was nice...and sometimes around a holiday the STLs wife would make snack bags or cookies. We'd get ice cream or other ice cream novelty items, too.
However, the current STL has no sense of humor and got the awful BTS results that she deserves. We're all hoping that she'll be gone soon!

Anytime a TM asks me for food/drink as a reward for doing what I've asked then the answer is an automatic no. I'm not going to bargain with you, it sets a bad precedent. It's very straightforward: Can you stay late or not? You need to decide if it's worth it on it's own.

There are budgets for requisition accounts. My GSTL/GSAs had a bad habit of requisitioning everything and anything for the TMs. Oh so-and-so is feeling a little sad today? Let's get her a candy bar. Someone's feeling chilly and didn't bring a jacket? Requisition. Random slow Tuesday night? Let's requisition sodas for the team. They blew through most of the budget for the entire year before the end of Q4.

If your ETLs are using the requisition account to buy their lunches then that's bad leadership right there. At my store we never do that. And then we only use the pcard when the DTL is having a lunch meeting with us.

As my ETL rolls by with a mini fridge in a shopping cart..

The two times a TL has offered to requisition something for me as recognition, neither of them seemed to remember it when it came to break time. Ok, I guess it's the thought that counts.
Now that my shifts are almost never long enough for a break and I leave before mid-morning, the closest I usually get to free food is seeing the empty containers in the break room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back